Do you like the new Svetlana EL34s?

• Thread starter EADGBE
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EADGBE

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting some for my 2203X.

wallythacker

Reaction score
In a word. No

I have some 1999 tubes that are still 100% and they sound fantastic. In A-B with a set I got just this week the old tubes win hands down.

Jaymz E

Reaction score
Maybe try Ruby EL34B HT or EHX 6CA7s. I've heard that both of these sound good in Marshalls. I have a DR Z SRZ65 (Hot Rod JCM800 inspired) and it has JJ KT77s in it and they sound pretty good also.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
or the *cough* Telefunken EL34 (JJ Cryo)...

They're cheap enough & got a decent review from the guys here...

charveldan

Reaction score
Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
tsel34quad.jpg

You want these mang.

Bought 2 quads they're fantastic.

Better than Winged =C=.

valvequeen.com

Rokinroller

Reaction score
Got a quad of those in my DSL ..... simply awesome. Talk about touch sensitivity...just wow man. Best current production EL34's I've ever tried.

Ken

Reaction score
I had Tung-Sol power tubes before my current pair of Ruby, and in my DSL I didn't notice a difference. Both are excellent.

Ken

bill bokey

Reaction score
I have not yet tried the Tung Sol EL34B but am so far very pleased with Valve Art's EL34B (made by Shuguang)

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
tsel34quad.jpg

You want these mang.

Bought 2 quads they're fantastic.

Better than Winged =C=.

valvequeen.com

I'm in the market for re tube. Some have mentioned these before. Do you know how they compare to the winged C? Is an el34 different from a el34B?

Also, do you like their 12ax7?

dslman

Reaction score
My TAD's didn't last long but were at the max bias point of my amp. Just received my new RUBY's which will sound like the TAD'S ,but hopefully bias better. I have a cheap quad of old/new stock Chinese EL34's in there now, I think Shuguang, that kick butt so the RUBY'S will be my backups . I have grown not to be picky about power tubes , I don't trust any of them.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
For the price, the Svet's are a good choice. But being pleased with the tone and performance of these will depend on which amp circuit you are running them in.

These valves have a similar tone to the =C= but with a bit less bottom end. They have a good midrange crunchiness emphasis that I really dig. So basically, if you have an amp that is somewhat dark and punchy in the lows and low mids, these valves will shine big time. That is, if you want to add some mids and upper mids to the EQ spectrum. But as with most new production EL34's, running them with well over 450V on the screens is hard on them.

I picked up two new quads of these for under $90 including shipping last year. I have them loaded into my TSL100 and DSL100. They are working for me in those amps big time.

Joshabr1

Reaction score
Shuguang are hands down the best cp. el 34 power tube I have tried. Hands down. Tung Sols where pretty good to maybe more in the lows which my setup doesn't need.

Latest posts