Do you read what you wear?

• Thread starter PelliX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PelliX

Reaction score
Well, my wife is wears me out so I wear headphones most of the time.

What?
:scratch:

What, and I cannot stress this enough, the fuck do you mean?
:rofl:

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Remember:
Im with stupid👉

Bugs and Wiley coyote:
Beep Beep your ass !

Pass Scooby the doobie.

Hooker headers
Hoosier daddy (racing slicks)
Thrush cherrybombs

Metallica Aka pushead

These days ,
Carhartt,> the thin/breathable fabric

And pretty much any t shirt, WITHOUT a titty pocket!

No tank tops since my twenties.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of clothing seems to include gibberish sentences, non-sensical stuff, etc. It seems that, while there are those who wish to make a statement with their clothing, most people don't really care about the writing on their garments. Of course there's the old adage of "All these people running around with Che t-shirts... and I bet none of them even own a single album of his", but just recently I saw a pair of boxer shorts (actually, multiple, like a set of 5, I think) that said "BEWARE THE SHARK ATTACK". Regardless of the grammar, I wonder who the hell thought that was something that needed to go on a pair of underwear. I tend not to wear boxers when I engage sharks in hand to hand combat. Come to think about it, I don't engage sharks, and I'm pretty sure that those who do presumably have something more specialized for the operation.

I get if you got a band t-shirt and you don't happen to be a fan but you dig the logo/emblem. Of course the Metallica typeface or the Rolling Stones' tongue design have become fashion to a degree, but just random shirts with Chinenglish (?) lingual diarrhea? "Fort now. Must travel see." What?

I've refused to wear things because I don't agree with the text, but I have the feeling that I'm in a minority. Is this normal? :shrug:
Saw a thing on Discovery - Top 10 ways to avoid a shark attck

Not once did they ever mention "Don't go in the water". That would have been #1 on my list...:shrug:

As far as not wearing something because I don't agree with the text, I think that's perfectly normal. You gotta be true to your convictions, t-shirts or boxers be damned.

Last edited:

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate here; say your best buddy had a band and you really liked the music, saw potential in it, etc. Would you wear a t-shirt of theirs?

Obviously, Fender isn't going to sell more gear because of me, same for Marshall or the Rolling Stones. Yet I have no issue with showing my support for them. Clothing is a form of expression, too.
Excellent points. Yes, if a buddy had a band I would wear a shirt with its name. And you’re right, Fender, Nike, Manchester United, and the Rolling Stones are gonna make their money no matter what. Indeed, my gray shirts are a form of expression!

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
I wear all kinds of band T's and graphic/emblem T's. All of them are ones that would have been around in the 80's and all from something I love since my entire wardrobe is 80's style. The only one I have with a slogan/saying that I can remember is my Booger "High On Stress" T. It's an exact replica and completely relatable for myself. Plus I love Booger and the Nerds movies.

PelliX

Reaction score
I wear all kinds of band T's and graphic/emblem T's. All of them are ones that would have been around in the 80's and all from something I love since my entire wardrobe is 80's style. The only one I have with a slogan/saying that I can remember is my Booger "High On Stress" T. It's an exact replica and completely relatable for myself. Plus I love Booger and the Nerds movies.

I wear my NO MA'AM t-shirt from time to time. Unfortunately, the youngsters now think it's some kind of gender thing or a statement confirming attraction to the same sex. :facepalm:

no-maam-t-shirt-508953_1024x1024.jpg

EL 34

Reaction score
I think people who wear shirts with statements or rambling nonsense have a heightened sense of self-importance. just like bumper stickers.

won't read. DGAF.

ElvisNixon

Reaction score
I enjoy browsing the hat isle whenever I stop at a truck stop.

It’s the Metropolitan Museum of Art of deeply disturbing sentiments and graplics ever emblazoned on a article of clothing. 😁

Latest posts