Dried out acoustic top / Guitar humidity question.

• Thread starter The Grim Peeper
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Grim Peeper

Reaction score
I have a seagull cedar top S6. The top has a slight inward bow. No cracking still plays, pretty good. I was wondering if it’s OK to point a room humidifier towards the sound hole of the guitar? I already ordered the sound hole humidification system from ddardario but I would like to jump start the processs. My room humidifier spout comes out like a focused beam of mist. Would focusing it at the sound hole humidify the guitar way too quickly?

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a seagull cedar top S6. The top has a slight inward bow. No cracking still plays, pretty good. I was wondering if it’s OK to point a room humidifier towards the sound hole of the guitar? I already ordered the sound hole humidification system from ddardario but I would like to jump start the processs. My room humidifier spout comes out like a focused beam of mist. Would focusing it at the sound hole humidify the guitar way too quickly?
Don't try to rush it.
Just keep the guitar in a properly humidified environment and let it slowly acclimate.
If it's going to get better, let it do so at its own pace.

El Gringo

Reaction score
You can also get one of those Snake Damp It things that clips on to one of the strings and then gets placed inside the soundhole in the body , along with using a room humidifier should work well.