Holywood or Hollywood?

nortiks

Reaction score
DNA analysis shows that chickens are more similar to Tyrannosaurus Rex than any other living animal.
Not sure how "they" came up with that conclusion since the half life of DNA under ideal conditions is 521 years, meaning under 2M years its completely unreadable.

nortiks

Reaction score
I love science. As long as it IS science and not a hunch handed down by an “authority”.
The proposition that "DNA analysis shows that chickens are more similar to Tyrannosaurus Rex than any other living animal." is what we who studied science call "arm waving speculation". Why? Because the half life of DNA under ideal conditions is 521 years, meaning under 2M years its completely unreadable with respect to its original coding. Which means you need well preserved T-Rex remains that are well under 2M years old. Meanwhile they are fossil dated at about 66Myo.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
The proposition that "DNA analysis shows that chickens are more similar to Tyrannosaurus Rex than any other living animal." is what we who studied science call "arm waving speculation". Why? Because the half life of DNA under ideal conditions is 521 years, meaning under 2M years its completely unreadable with respect to its original coding. Which means you need well preserved T-Rex remains that are well under 2M years old. Meanwhile they are fossil dated at about 66Myo.

A wise man once said “history is the mississippi of lies” .

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree, but it doesn't alter the requirements of comparing DNA of T-Rex and a chicken.

We’ll have to stay tuned for that .

I always thought that a kangaroo’s forefathers may have been been the likes of the T Rex, but it’s probably not going to turn out to be a fact.

Frodebro

Reaction score
Judging by the extent of this investigation this could be the death of Rap. How good would that be? 🌟

I would bet that there are more Hollywood personalities worried about the investigation than there are rappers. Combs was rubbing elbows (and apparently other appendages) with a lot of celebrities.

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
The moment you realise that Hollywood movie you were watching was propaganda......

BEC9C5FA1FFA29E8E261C744A65BE1FF4B434EED

💀

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I would bet that there are more Hollywood personalities worried about the investigation than there are rappers. Combs was rubbing elbows (and apparently other appendages) with a lot of celebrities.

The Rap culture is about to fall apart. I’m happy that the crimes are being exposed
There are a few good songs:California Love by Tupac a couple by Eminem, but not many when you consider how lucrative that genre was.

PelliX

Reaction score
The Rap culture is about to fall apart. I’m happy that the crimes are being exposed

Oh yeah, totally. Like it fell apart when R Kelly was found to be what I expected all along - a pedo. Like rock music fell apart after there were some high profile arrests. Wake up, quit the clickbait and step into the real world for a change. Negative publicity is what that industry thrives on. If you have a culture where being a violent thug is the epitome of cool, don't expect a few felonies to detract from it. The Friggin' BBC never really even got blasted for the whole Saville ordeal. A sacrificial lamb or two are generally rolled out and business continues as usual.

There are a few good songs:California Love by Tupac a couple by Eminem, but not many when you consider how lucrative that genre was.

I'm not an expert, but an old friend of mine was so I've a fair share of exposure. The key, I think, was Dr Dre. He knew how to make catchy loops and beats.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, totally. Like it fell apart when R Kelly was found to be what I expected all along - a pedo. Like rock music fell apart after there were some high profile arrests. Wake up, quit the clickbait and step into the real world for a change. Negative publicity is what that industry thrives on. If you have a culture where being a violent thug is the epitome of cool, don't expect a few felonies to detract from it. The Friggin' BBC never really even got blasted for the whole Saville ordeal. A sacrificial lamb or two are generally rolled out and business continues as usual.

I'm not an expert, but an old friend of mine was so I've a fair share of exposure. The key, I think, was Dr Dre. He knew how to make catchy loops and beats.

Give me a break ! This thread would be nothing without the clickbait. 🥴

PelliX

Reaction score
Give me a break ! This thread would be nothing without the clickbait.

I genuinely sometimes wonder why you share all the clickbait here instead of simply leaving it where it belongs; the dregs of the Internet. Are you short on attention?

Frodebro

Reaction score

Sacrificial lamb is very accurate, and there have been a few through the years. It focuses all the public attention on the chosen lamb while the other perverts slink back into the shadows and continue doing their sleazy crap.

Latest posts