Drinking Alone By The Campfire, On A Mountain. (what's Up Tonight?)

• Thread starter iron broadsword
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Frig yeah, this is the life. Listenin to classic rock and surfing the web. What are you guys up to tonight?

iron broadsword

Reaction score
If you're wondering, been married 13 years so yes I did get laid first. :D

IMG_0404.JPG

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I wish I was doing what you're doing, I am sipping a beer right now but we had a baseball tournament all weekend, won 4 games and had a small problem in the 5th game knocking us out of the running, we had to win the 5th game to get into the final championship game. Very proud of the boys they battled hard :yesway:

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Thanks. Just chillin', listening to some c103 classic rock. Nothing quite like classic rock when you're buzzing, right?

jack daniels

Reaction score
Thanks. Just chillin', listening to some c103 classic rock. Nothing quite like classic rock when you're buzzing, right?

I would enjoy listening to OKC's only Classic Rock station KJ-103 if it weren't for some of the modern rock being mixed in. I can handle some of the newer groups but some of it is just plain tripe. The classic rock stuff they play the same tunes over and over. Whatever happened to playing complete album tracks? OKC doesn't have the 'solid' classic rock stations anymore unless one subscribes to nationwide SiriusXM.

iron broadsword

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I like most of the new rock the stations I listen to play, but I'd rather listen to April Wine, Zeppelin, ZZtop, and stuff like that all day long. Although, if they didn't play new stuff I wouldn't know about this gem:

jack daniels

Reaction score
That's not the problem here, it's playing the same classic rock tunes over and over ad nauseum like Def Leppard's 'Rock Of Ages' f.e.

jack daniels

Reaction score
I see how so many people get burnt out on their favorite groups. When Bob Seger first came out and was popular, they played him so much that I don't care to listen to him anymore. An old rock station announcer (now deceased) used to play The Rolling Stones ad nauseum such that I didn't care to listen to them either.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bah, everyubody's asleep apparently.

Hey Iron,

I don't know what happened on last Tuesday night. Evidently it was very quiet here.

Personally I prefer to sleep through our local business hours, then I get some energy after midnight.

You would think that this regime would keep me in touch with internet contacts in other countries..... but sometimes the system just doesn't work.

iron broadsword

Reaction score
That's my prs singlecut standard, right before the lawsuit circa 2003. Actually, funny story... I was waiting on one being built for me at the time when the factory shut down, so when I found out I scrambled and bought one from a store in Ontario. The original would've been black cherry but turns out I like the straight black better anyways. It's more like a cadillac, somehow.

It's my main gigging axe, so it's taken a lot of hits. Once the strap broke (stitches let go) while I was on stage.. came crashing down around my feet and when I picked it up the neck was vibrating so hard I had a difficult time stopping it. Had to replace the tuners because it broke one off, but otherwise these things are amazing. Easiest and sexiest guitar I've ever played.. so my wife named it Natalya. ;)

Attachments

• PRS-Class5 01.jpg
    PRS-Class5 01.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 3

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Tonight... is not a campfire night. Working late sucks. What are you guys up to?