Dsl 100hr Noise

• Thread starter Sprague
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sprague

Reaction score
Recently purchased the DSL 100 HR head. Really love the app but it has a noise that sounds like a bad preamp tube. Kind of that soft noise in the background that you will recognize when you have a bad preamp tube. I have changed each tube to no avail. Has anyone else noticed this on this app? I have made Sweetwater aware of it and of course they are more than willing to take it back and replace it. Just wondering if I should do that or if it’s really no big deal.

69CamaroSS

Reaction score
Recently purchased the DSL 100 HR head. Really love the app but it has a noise that sounds like a bad preamp tube. Kind of that soft noise in the background that you will recognize when you have a bad preamp tube. I have changed each tube to no avail. Has anyone else noticed this on this app? I have made Sweetwater aware of it and of course they are more than willing to take it back and replace it. Just wondering if I should do that or if it’s really no big deal.

I just got the DSL 100HR the other day and noticed that low rumble as well. What did you find out or what fixed it? Thanks.

lovehifi

Reaction score
I had a DSL40CR a couple months ago that had that low background rumble too. Returned it. New one is fine. Some others with the 40cr and 100hr have also had this issue. A couple of people even said it got progressively worse (louder) over time.

ampmadscientist

Reaction score

If the tubes didn't fix that, you should send it back immediately.

stephen78

Reaction score
Exchange it. My 40CR did the same thing. Got a different one from Sweetwater and it’s all good.

Tobias

Reaction score
Same issue, got the dsl100hr. Are there any ideas what could be wrong?

Kutt

Reaction score
Dredging up this thread.

I've had my 100HR since April 2019 and began noticing background noise over the last couple weeks. It's not my main amp and I'm wondering how long it's actually been there for. I just spent about 40 minutes methodically rolling tubes and swapping cables to rule those out. No dice. It does sound exactly like a mildly microphonic preamp tube as the OP noted.

I believe the amp is still under warranty. Emailed a shop about an hour away who does excellent work to see if they are an authorized service center or not.

I knew I was buying an Asian-made cheapie when I got it, but I was hoping to get at least 3 years out of it before something like this happened. A fool I am!

Latest posts