DSL 401 Special Edition

• Thread starter plasterman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

plasterman

Reaction score
I bought this on Monday and after some googling and checking the marshall website I cant find any info on this version of the 401.

I guess that any difference from the stock model is cosmetic. If anyone has some information on this model pls comment.

Heres some pics
dsl401specialeditionkn4.jpg

specialdc6.jpg

Last edited:

plasterman

Reaction score
Well after contacting Marshall thru their website I've received an email to say that Marshall has only made 49 of these special editions.:rock:

JohnH

Reaction score
Thats a sweet looking amp. British Racing Green - it would look great strapped in the back of an old MG (car that is!)

I suspect the circuit is stock but there were a few versions- whats the year? (its in the serial number).

I have a normal looking 2005 one, and I think it is a great little amp, given some tweaking to find your settings.

John

plasterman

Reaction score
Thats a sweet looking amp. British Racing Green - it would look great strapped in the back of an old MG (car that is!)

I suspect the circuit is stock but there were a few versions- whats the year? (its in the serial number).

I have a normal looking 2005 one, and I think it is a great little amp, given some tweaking to find your settings.

John

I think the difference is purely cosmetic.
The amp was made in 2007 week 39.
The amp sounds nice indeed but as has been said before it could do with a change of speaker.

marshallut3.png

cameronc20

Reaction score
iam selling this amp and cab the amp british racing green amp standard black from £850 anyone intrested please tell me i have it on gumtree iam from east ayrshire scotland thanks