• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Dsl clean/crunch mod

• Thread starter mribanezmetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mribanezmetal

Reaction score
Hi guys.
As a newbie here and new owner of a DSL100, I thought I'd show you my rig and the CLEAN/CRUNCH mod I installed thanks to Marshall Amp Forum - View Profile: een7gdr - thread here:

http://www.marshallforum.com/workbench/8904-marshall-dsl-50-100-clean-crunch-footswitch-last.html

If you don't already know, this mod allows you to FOOTSWICH between the clean and crunch modes on the classic channel and have another pot for the crunch volume. I put the crunch volume between the CLASSIC and LEAD channels as that made sense to me by going right to left with increases of gain, as is already the layout on the amp.

I will also say, to anybody considering doing this mod, I cant recommend een7gdr's mod more highly and also how prompt his communication and postage is!! The install guide is plain and simple so you cant really balls it up.

Between this and the treble bleed mod this amp is just SIMPLE and full of TONE.....love it!

I know I gonna get flammed for the choice in cab but its all I had after my Mesa Boogie 'cleanout' and I like the combination anyway.....a Marshall Greenback loaded cab is on the cards though :naughty:

Thanks]

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 34

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Nice job there. :applause:

And I personally think that a Mesa/Marshall combo is pretty good, especially for high gain stuff. :D

SWM510

Reaction score
Really nice job and this is something I'm considering for my DSL as well.
I really like where you put the new volume knob, if I ever decide to have this mod done I'll probably put the new knob in the same spot.....:thumb:

mribanezmetal

Reaction score
Thanks guys. If I was to get picky I would tidy up the loom a little more and not use that piece electrical tape but it works so.....

Latest posts