Dsl15c Stoped Producing Any Sound

Alexandr1990G

Reaction score
Hi there. I am not a native but I hope you'll be able to get me right.I have been using Dsl 15c for about 2 years and all of a sudden the amp stoped producing any sound. All controls freeze, footswitch is non responsive. Led’s and tubes are still lit. No pedals in line. I turn power switch off then on and hear sound like a relay click in the background and then sound immediately cuts out. My tech told me the problem is 99% in the microcontroller AT2313 because inside all fuses are still intact. He was able to read the code and fix errors that cut the sound out. However, it did not help because some of microcontroller ports were damaged(most likely it was a factory defect). Is it possible to re-record the code to new microcontroller or maybe there are some other options to consider?

jimmyjames

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, sorry I can't be of more help. What does AT2313 actually control? I've never heard of it (15H here). If it's for an ancillary feature ie reverb, can it be bypassed?

Alexandr1990G

Reaction score
Most likely it has something to do with channel switching and reverb. It can be bypassed but 95% there will be only one channel left without reverb

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
Hi there. I am not a native but I hope you'll be able to get me right.I have been using Dsl 15c for about 2 years and all of a sudden the amp stoped producing any sound. All controls freeze, footswitch is non responsive. Led’s and tubes are still lit. No pedals in line. I turn power switch off then on and hear sound like a relay click in the background and then sound immediately cuts out. My tech told me the problem is 99% in the microcontroller AT2313 because inside all fuses are still intact. He was able to read the code and fix errors that cut the sound out. However, it did not help because some of microcontroller ports were damaged(most likely it was a factory defect). Is it possible to re-record the code to new microcontroller or maybe there are some other options to consider?

Service schematics are not available to us yet, and so it might be better to go for a Marshall service center. Where are you located?

Alexandr1990G

Reaction score
I live in Belarus. We don’t have an authorized service out here. So it’s not an option for me

anitoli

Reaction score
It would be similar to programming an EPROM. You would need a copy of the program, a programmer, and a laptop/pc to run the programming software on. I could prolly do it if i had the program and a blank chip but i would need to make sure that chip is in Batronix's data base.

Alexandr1990G

Reaction score
It would be similar to programming an EPROM. You would need a copy of the program, a programmer, and a laptop/pc to run the programming software on. I could prolly do it if i had the program and a blank chip but i would need to make sure that chip is in Batronix's data base.
Where can I find a copy of the code? Any sources?

Jimmy Haggard

Reaction score

Did you ever figure out what happened? I've had a similar problem from time to time. For me, the problem was caused by accidentally bumping the pentode/triode switch on the back. The switch was half way in between setting.

Jon C

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what happened? I've had a similar problem from time to time. For me, the problem was caused by accidentally bumping the pentode/triode switch on the back. The switch was half way in between setting.
Still no access to the Schematics AFAIK ……

Latest posts