• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Dsl1c Question

• Thread starter metal_kiwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metal_kiwi

Reaction score
Ok I have a question regarding the output tube on this amp as I am in the process of changing out the tubes to NOS ones currently V1 has a JJ 12ax7 (red marshall logo) V2 has a 12AX7B (white marshall logo) and the output has a JJ 12AU7. The DSL1c I have is the latest version

Now my question is am I able to change that out to a 12ax7 safely just to see how much difference on how the amp will sound.

The NOS tubes I have coming are Mesa 12ax7a from the 80's, JJ ECC802S (this will go in output if I can not use the 12ax7) and a long plate Philips 12ax7 (getting this one for the DSL100)

slagg

Reaction score
the JJecc802s is the same as the stock tube v3.Try NOS 12au7 in that slot(better headroom)

edit;I stand corrected ,it is a gold pin 12au7 said to give a little more bass.

Last edited:

metal_kiwi

Reaction score
My NOS mesa 12ax7a tubes arrived today so there is one in V1 of the dsl1c and another in V1 of the DSL100 I was shocked to see that the tubes that came out of V1 of both amps the plates were shorter than the 12ax7b tubes that were sitting in the rest of the pre amp slots big improvement.

slagg

Reaction score
short plates in V1 less prone to vibration. Those Mesa tubes should give you a nice "Full" sound.

metal_kiwi

Reaction score
short plates in V1 less prone to vibration. Those Mesa tubes should give you a nice "Full" sound.

Oh it does especially through the 2x12 even made the seymour duncan jb in my charvel san dimas sound much nicer

Latest posts