Dsl40c Channel Switching W/trigger Outputs

• Thread starter Stamminen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stamminen

Reaction score
I'm scheduled to pick up a DSL40c tomorrow for a great price. I have a question about the channel switching functions through a loop switching pedal and its trigger outputs.

I have a JOYO pxl-pro with 4 trigger outs used to channel selection on the amp.

Does anyone have experience with one of these pedals and if they work with the DSL? Are you able to go through all 4 channels on the DSL or just clean/lead?

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
The footswitch supplied, as well as the front panel switch only switch between channels.
No way to switch between modes other than the front panel switch. For that you need a JVM.

astr0z0mb1e2k14

Reaction score
just as Micky says. I use a pxl-live(same thing but with midi)with a dsl40c. You can only switch between clean/lead channels. No switcher gives you the ability to switch between the modes of each channel. Thats what the JVMs do.

Len

Reaction score
I'll third what's been said above. I can only switch between 2 DSL40 channels with my PXL-PRO.

Stamminen

Reaction score
Ok, I had a feeling it would be that way. Are you able to control the reverb with the PXL-Pro? With my Bugera 1990 i'm unable to control the reverb on/off with the switcher.

Len

Reaction score
Ok, I had a feeling it would be that way. Are you able to control the reverb with the PXL-Pro? With my Bugera 1990 i'm unable to control the reverb on/off with the switcher.
I can go between red and green channels, and turn the reverb on and off.

Reaction score
Hi all - I have a question relating to this topic: I have a Joyo PXL Pro and a DSL50. I've tried and tried to figure out a way to get the PXL Pro to switch the channels (just green to red) on the DSL but can't get anything to work. What type of cable do I need to get the triggers to switch the channels?

Len

Reaction score
Hi all - I have a question relating to this topic: I have a Joyo PXL Pro and a DSL50. I've tried and tried to figure out a way to get the PXL Pro to switch the channels (just green to red) on the DSL but can't get anything to work. What type of cable do I need to get the triggers to switch the channels?
The DSL has a dedicated TR jack to switch channels. Use an 2 wire (TR) cable (guitar or speaker cable) to route this to one of the four PXL switches outputs. Set up the PXL (En to not momentary and EP to whatever polarity you need). If you do a google search there's a PXL manual online. This looper is not very intuitive, but once you figure it out it's not too difficult.

Reaction score
The DSL has a dedicated TR jack to switch channels. Use an 2 wire (TR) cable (guitar or speaker cable) to route this to one of the four PXL switches outputs. Set up the PXL (En to not momentary and EP to whatever polarity you need). If you do a google search there's a PXL manual online. This looper is not very intuitive, but once you figure it out it's not too difficult.

Thank you for your help. Forgive my ignorance when it comes to cables, but would a simple Y-splitter at the end of a standard guitar cable accomplish what you're describing? Or are you describing a TRS cable split into two wires at one end and a single at the other end? Like this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CYS105. ?

Len

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. Forgive my ignorance when it comes to cables, but would a simple Y-splitter at the end of a standard guitar cable accomplish what you're describing? Or are you describing a TRS cable split into two wires at one end and a single at the other end? Like this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CYS105. ?
I don't own a DSL50, but the manual states that the channel and reverb jacks on the back of the amp are separate and each mono (tip-ring) type. You don't need any adapter. Just plug one end of a guitar cable into the channel footswitch jack on the back of the amp, and the other end of the cable into the PXL T1 jack. See the top right figure in the manual:

http://www.joyoaudio.co.uk/blog-section/pxl-user-manuals-education/blogart19

jason treloar

Reaction score
Did this cable work mate? I have the exact same problem. What cable did you buy that worked? Thanks

jason treloar

Reaction score
Hi again,

I've got my joyo pxl pro working through a dsl50 channel switcher. You just need a standard jack to jack guitar cable. Changing the polarity mode enables you to switch channels from clean to distortion. Have a play around with it and see how it goes. I think having the polarity off enables you to use the amps distortion.
Thanks

Stamminen

Reaction score
I own a DSL 50 as well now and my JOYO works with the 50 just fine. Use a standard 1/4" to 1/4" guitar cable into one of the triggers. Then you need to go under the joyos settings nad like Jason said you might have to change the polarity.

Alexer Peixoto

Reaction score
just as Micky says. I use a pxl-live(same thing but with midi)with a dsl40c. You can only switch between clean/lead channels. No switcher gives you the ability to switch between the modes of each channel. Thats what the JVMs do.
Actually you can switch between modes too. Maybe we couldn't in 2016 but now you can. Check this out.

TheKman76

Reaction score
I believe this is referring to the DSLxxxCR, or MkII... sometimes also known as the MkIII... yeah, it's not easy to follow!

Someone confirm the DSLxxxC (MkI) didn't have a MIDI input?

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
Actually you can switch between modes too. Maybe we couldn't in 2016 but now you can. Check this out.

In the above video, that is the manual for the 2018 (Mk III) DSL40/100 CR/HR. Phew!

The top CR/HR models have MIDI switching and the option to buy a 6-button footswitch to access all channel modes, and switch FX Loop ON/OFF and select MVs.

Someone confirm the DSLxxxC (MkI) didn't have a MIDI input?

The OP was from 2016 when only the Mk II DSL 40/100 C/H was available.
No option for accessing all channels remotely, by MIDI or footswitch.

The Mk I was the JCM 2000 DSL 401 combo.

I had the 401, skipped the 40C, and now have the 40CR.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed . The video references the Rev 2, or the CR versions.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
That's what I mean by confusing. The branding on the front panel says JCM2000, so the DSLxxxC/H models are the MkI DSL to my mind. Marshall refer to the CR/HR as the MkII. There's no consistency.

The JCM2000 combos are DSLs though, so they should be the Mk I to my mind.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 182644.png