East TN and Western NC devastated.

• Thread starter DirtySteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
...At a press conference on August 12th, 1986, US President Ronald Reagan said, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’”

I'll leave it at that. Good luck and good health!
A cute sound byte but he then went on to say-
"...until we make that transition, the Government must act compassionately and responsibly. In order to see farmers through these tough times, our administration has committed record amounts of assistance, spending more in this year alone than any previous administration spent during its entire tenure."

Given the scope of this disaster Federal assistance will be required for rebuilding. I don't think any of the states inviolved are going to say: "no thanks, we'll cover this ourselves".
It's not even clear how the Feds will be able to keep covering storm costs given the increasing severity of events.

nortiks

Reaction score
I'm seeing this kind of shit being debunked everywhere. There are a lot of scams and false rumors being posted right now. I don't trust anything I read anymore unless it comes from an official source.
Probably not the best idea to summarily dismiss first hand reports from "unofficial sources" and automatically believe "official sources" when apparently those officials sources have every reason to mobilize their "debunking" squads. Especially in context of how all of those "debunked by official sources as pure conspiracy theories" safety concerns about covid vax have now been scientifically proven true...meaning the original "debunkers" defending government interests have now been debunked by actual science...

Frodebro

Reaction score
Probably not the best idea to summarily dismiss first hand reports from "unofficial sources" and automatically believe "official sources" when apparently those officials sources have every reason to mobilize their "debunking" squads. Especially in context of how all of those "debunked by official sources as pure conspiracy theories" safety concerns about covid vax have now been scientifically proven true...meaning the original "debunkers" defending government interests have now been debunked by actual science...

Same thing with the “fact checkers.” All they do is corroborate the official narrative, which was most likely bullshit propaganda to begin with.