• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Egg Omelets

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
What are your own egg recipes?

I don't cook, but I'm working on omlettes, see.

Here's what I been doin':

In a 9"-10" frying pan, add a pat of butter, then add:

2 large eggs w/ a splash of water (scrambled in a bowl before cooking, of course)
2 cooked breakfast sausages chopped into small slices
1/4 cup diced cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of cooked chopped green peppers
1/4 cup of cooked chopped onions
1/4 cup of freshly chopped scallions
1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
3 or 20 dashes of garlic powder

Heat on 2-3 for what seems like forever.
When the bottom starts to turn golden brown, flip half of this humongous beast over on top of the other half.
Heat that side for a few more minutes, then flip the entire half-moon over and cook for another 3-4 minutes.

Serve hot, and try to eat the whole thing in one sitting.

I am open for suggestions on how to improve my artwork, thank you.

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t made an omelette in ages. Your version sounds good! Lately I’ve been into having two eggs over medium, but I haven’t gotten good at making them yet. It’s difficult to get the yolks the right texture - kinda jammy.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

2 large eggs w/ a splash of water (scrambled in a bowl before cooking, of course)

When the bottom starts to turn golden brown, flip half of this humongous beast over on top of the other half.
Heat that side for a few more minutes, then flip the entire half-moon over and cook for another 3-4 minutes.

Garlic is good and healthy.
It's like one of them miracle vegetables.
> 3 or 20 dashes of garlic powder
I don't know about powder but if you said '20 fresh garlic cloves' you might cure many known diseases.

In my country there is an egg shortage at present.
I don't really know why: the intricacies of the market are beyond my paltry understanding.
But there is no shortage at my own home, with all our chickens and ducks.
We're sending eggs to the city as fast as we can but we can only do so much.

Meanwhile I should not get further involved in a conversation about recipes. That's far too urbane and cultured for me.

mcblink

Reaction score

Why the splash of water with the eggs?
I'd either omit the water altogether OR use a splash of milk or cream instead. Also, shred the cheddar, use jalapeño instead of green pepper, and choose either scallion or onion but maybe not both? I'd probably go for just scallions since they are more mild flavored and prettier than onion.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't do omelettes. But every single morning I make two fried eggs topped with shredded Mexican cheese. A flavor that's a cross between fried eggs and a grilled cheese sandwich. Been doing that for a decade or more.

V-man

Reaction score
I do “the breakfast of champions” with weightlifting/eating clean in mind.

1. Scrambled egg/omlette plain.
2. Topped/stuffed with seasoned black beans
3. Add Mexican/Latin style hot sauce to taste.

No bullshit, pure protein, simple carbs and fiber. Civillian/sane-friendly version is deluxe or premium version. Add one or more of the following:

- Sliced Avocado
- Chopped Tomatoes*
- Chopped Onion (yellow)*
- Chorizo
- Pepper Jack, Cheddar, or Colby-Jack

* - May be added to “BOC” without cheat or numbers concerns.

V-man

Reaction score
I hate eggs. I'll never eat one.
🤣

Same until I was 18. For Oatmeal it was @ 30s… yogurt too. For tuna fish (canned shit -proper tuna like sushi and ahi were a different matter altogether) it has been a slow struggle over the past couple of years.

Notice the trend: potentially gross but (usually) inexpensive and healthy. I would find a palatable way to force it down until the body would recognize it and say “Wow, I like the feeling I get processing this! Hey mouth, STFU! I’m going to send a craving up to the brain to veto your dumb ass.”

Next thimg you know, the feeling of revulsion becomes “not digging this but I’m not about to reflex puke either.” After that, done. I can eat that awful yogurt plain now, oatmeal with minimal shit added, and you see the breakfast of champions above. Still need shit to make tuna work but not all that unhealthy shit.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Garlic is good and healthy.
It's like one of them miracle vegetables.
> 3 or 20 dashes of garlic powder
I don't know about powder but if you said '20 fresh garlic cloves' you might cure many known diseases.

In my country there is an egg shortage at present.
I don't really know why: the intricacies of the market are beyond my paltry understanding.
But there is no shortage at my own home, with all our chickens and ducks.
We're sending eggs to the city as fast as we can but we can only do so much.

Meanwhile I should not get further involved in a conversation about recipes. That's far too urbane and cultured for me.
Ok, so fresh garlic. I have that. :yesway:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Why the splash of water with the eggs?
I'd either omit the water altogether OR use a splash of milk or cream instead. Also, shred the cheddar, use jalapeño instead of green pepper, and choose either scallion or onion but maybe not both? I'd probably go for just scallions since they are more mild flavored and prettier than onion.
Jalapeno and scallions. :yesway: (I almost used scallions, but opted for the onion because I have some that need to get used, but yeah scallions.)

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Saute the onions and peppers in the butter/olive oil for a few minutes prior to adding the eggs, put extras and cheese on top of that, keeps the cheese from burning and getting hard in places.
I did sauté the peppers and onions in butter, but didn't want the cheese melted before I added al, the rest of the ingrediments.

Eric'45

Reaction score
As others have already pointed out- replace the water with cream, or 1/2 cream and 1/2 milk for the "light" version.
I also make an Omelette like this when I have some Meatballs left over- or just like you do it, with sliced sausages.
By all means, try fresh garlic- I really can't stand the powder anymore- and with a decent knive it's easy to use fresh garlic.

Latest posts