• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Egg Omelets

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BluezMe

Reaction score
Cook !!! I'd Starve without a Microwave

Cooking eggs in Microwave... I take my Cup (straight sides 4" in diameter)... put in a little Oil to keep the egg(s) from sticking... Sliced English Muffin in the Toaster... Break an egg or 2... stir with a Fork... 82 secs for one egg... 2 mins for 2... have my frozen pre-cooked sausage patty in the Colander under a stream of Hot water... when the egg(s) are done... sausage Patty goes in the Microwave 85 secs half power... Slice of American Cheese applied to the Egg in the cup... English Muffin now Slightly Toasted... Sausage patty now done and placed on the cheese which is on the cooked egg... half the muffin now placed on the Sausage Patty... cheese and egg. Turn the cup upside down to remove... using the other half of the Muffin to make your Perfect Sausage and Egg MacMuffin

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Cook !!! I'd Starve without a Microwave

Cooking eggs in Microwave... I take my Cup (straight sides 4" in diameter)... put in a little Oil to keep the egg(s) from sticking... Sliced English Muffin in the Toaster... Break an egg or 2... stir with a Fork... 82 secs for one egg... 2 mins for 2... have my frozen pre-cooked sausage patty in the Colander under a stream of Hot water... when the egg(s) are done... sausage Patty goes in the Microwave 85 secs half power... Slice of American Cheese applied to the Egg in the cup... English Muffin now Slightly Toasted... Sausage patty now done and placed on the cheese which is on the cooked egg... half the muffin now placed on the Sausage Patty... cheese and egg. Turn the cup upside down to remove... using the other half of the Muffin to make your Perfect Sausage and Egg MacMuffin

I make scrambled eggs in the microwave sometimes but use bacon grease rather than oil. Then I butter the bread/muffin/buttermilk biscuit with bacon grease too. MmmmmMmm!

BluezMe

Reaction score
Bacon mmmmmmmm

But it's a Sore subject with me... and I'm diverting away from Eggs. Use to make Spaghetti. Used Ragu Parmesan and Romano. Then Kroger stopped purchasing it so I went with their store Brand... was close enough... then they stopped stocking that. Starting looking at others and found Prego Bacon and Provolone. By this time I'm using Mild Italian Sausage instead of ground Sirloin and was Pure Heaven !!! Then they stopped carrying that but found it at Walmart. Then Walmart stops carrying it ... now I'm Pissed !!! I go online to look for it... and there's like a dozen people...WTF ??? Why did you Prego guys stop making this !!! Haven't had Spaghetti in a long Time :(

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
nope. milk makes them fluffy. cream is even better for that than standard milk.
Ok, well let me put it this way (I'm not debating water vs, milk, cream, etc.): I adds a dash of water, but I also adds 1/4 cup diced cheddar. Doesn't the cheddar + water substitute for milk/ cream? Either way, it's still dairy.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was trying to let this go, but do you call them ‘egg omlettes’ or just ‘omlettes’. Is adding the word ‘egg’ necessary? 🫤

PS: dont let the question mark make you think I dont know the answer.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
When it comes to omelettes, I am a simple purist. Nothing but eggs. Topping is a small amount of thousand island dressing, if anything at all.

Do NOT get cheese near my omelette! While I love cheese, the combination of eggs and cheese is revolting to me.
Occasionally I will allow a small amount of finely chopped tomatos, onions, and green peppers to be included in an omelette, but only very rarely and very sparingly.

The omelette must be cooked fully. Dry. No uncooked white. No slime.

Bacon should be evenly cooked to chewy consistency. If it can be snapped like a twig, it's WAY overdone.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it comes to omelettes, I am a simple purist. Nothing but eggs. Topping is a small amount of thousand island dressing, if anything at all.

Do NOT get cheese near my omelette! While I love cheese, the combination of eggs and cheese is revolting to me.
Occasionally I will allow a small amount of finely chopped tomatos, onions, and green peppers to be included in an omelette, but only very rarely and very sparingly.

The omelette must be cooked fully. Dry. No uncooked white. No slime.

Bacon should be evenly cooked to chewy consistency. If it can be snapped like a twig, it's WAY overdone.
Got it.
You like your omelette fairly plain.
And you can eggs-plain why.

Latest posts