Epi Les Paul Studio for the kid

• Thread starter nortiks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nortiks

Reaction score
Just got in an Epi Les Paul Studio smokehouse burst latest model for my kid's "graduation into high school from middle school" present and have to say its surprisingly not bad. Bought it used online from GuiTarget (Guitar Center) "excellent" condition and after 30 minutes of cleaning, tightening, and intonation work its a great guitar. Box stock and I have to say it plays and sounds great. I would totally feel comfy gigging with it doing nothing more than changing the jack and three way to Switchcraft. Nice deal too, $428 total with ABS hard shell case delivered to my front door. So about 55 cents on the dollar compared to new. I called and asked about the neck and overall condition since it was an online order and their guy shot straight with me and it is in fact a good one on all counts. So good on Guitar Center for not misrepresenting it. Made for a very pleasant online buying experience, and my kid loves it.

JJ119

Reaction score
That's a GREAT Graduation Gift!!

And it's good to know that you were able to get straight answers to your questions!!

Congratulations To The Graduate!!

Play On!! Enjoy!!

nortiks

Reaction score
The worst thing you can do to discourage them is to give them a POS guitar that is hard to play.
So, so true.
He started on a used mini Strat I bought off of EBAY. And I kid you not, that stupid thing has as good a neck (probably because its so short, lol) and intonation as any of the <lost count> guitars I've owned over the decades. It got him started right and now his journey continues with a fully set up and intonated Studio. You are 100% right that nothing throws a wet rag on a student's enthusiasm like bad action, bad intonation, and bad tone. And maybe a POS amp. LOL, but he also inherited my modded DSL20 with 1990's V30 that I used to gig with for years to go with his LP Studio...so he's good shape there too.