EVH demos new amp - The new Brown

• Thread starter Swede
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Swede

Reaction score
To me, it sounds stiff & sterile. Nothing brown about it...

:shrug:

In some parts I agree, but for instance during Unchained @ 1.50 min, I think it sounds pretty damn close no?

Then again im not and never was an EVH afficionado like many other forum members.

Pat6969

Reaction score
Now if they add separate volume knobs for channel 1 and 2 on the 50 watter they win!!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
In some parts I agree, but for instance during Unchained @ 1.50 min, I think it sounds pretty damn close no?

Then again im not and never was an EVH afficionado like many other forum members.
To me it sounds like a solid state amp w/ a flanger... :cool:...

:wave:

Maybe it's the lack of presence & reverb, but it sounds really dry, stiff & sterile, compared to the old Warner Bros offerings...

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx86CxKYtg0[/ame]

Swede

Reaction score

Maybe it's the lack of presence & reverb, but it sounds really dry, stiff & sterile, compared to the old Warner Bros offerings...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx86CxKYtg0

hahaha....Maybe so...I never was an Eddie guy.......Not to take anything away at all from the genius of EVH, but by the time I heard Eruption the first time ever....Yngwies old demos was already floating around Sweden, creating a LOT bigger stir amongst the local musicians.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx86CxKYtg0
Come on dude. He was demonstrating an amplifier live in his basement, more or less, not mixing a studio master. :D

On to the topic, his changes makes sense; to me common sense. I know there are enough complaints about other channel switchers to go around.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
hahaha....Maybe so...I never was an Eddie guy.......Not to take anything away at all from the genius of EVH, but by the time I heard Eruption the first time ever....Yngwies old demos was already floating around Sweden, creating a LOT bigger stir amongst the local musicians.
yeah, EVH was a local here, so by '77, everyone was hearing about him. Yngwie, the '80s...

EVH's recorded sounds w/ Ted Templeman are legendary. There's no taking that away. It's a sound that many chase after, while EVH has been running away from it ever since...

I think he has some great ideas, even here, in this amp, but, I just don't hear anything special in that video... (tonewise)

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score
I though it was interesting to hear him say he was "still chasing tone" and it was part of his DNA. I guess as a guitar player you always think you can do better?

I noticed this with several players on the MF, they had tone I thought was to die for, but they mod their amps and come up with something even better sounding than before.

Is anyone on the board satisfied with their sound and don't want to change?

Swede

Reaction score
There is obviously a lot of rack gear and the pedal board also (visual at least)

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
one hand demonstration of an amplifier, other hand studio master; how could there be a difference?

:hmm:

Ok now lets hear everyone else's premo recorded version of Unchained for comparison in this thread.

How does your stock or not so stock amplifier stack up?

I will be waiting. :D
Have Eddie come over (to my place) & I'll record him on my Marshalls. I can bet he'll get a better organic sound... (on any of them) :yesway:...