EVH tone

• Thread starter Rock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Salsg

Reaction score
One part I think most of us are missing is the ability Eddie had to change the temperature and humidity around him and his gear to alter his tone. From what I've read he kept half his speakers at a low temperature but high humidity, and the other half with a higher temperatre but very low humidity, and that would help with a phasing sound since the differeing densities of the air would cause some type of sonic shift.

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
One part I think most of us are missing is the ability Eddie had to change the temperature and humidity around him and his gear to alter his tone. From what I've read he kept half his speakers at a low temperature but high humidity, and the other half with a higher temperatre but very low humidity, and that would help with a phasing sound since the differeing densities of the air would cause some type of sonic shift.

come to find out, after years of research, it seems that this is actually what the variac was for .....it was actually a lil wheather machine in an old variac housing.

nowayjose256

Reaction score
Do those clippers go into the front of the amp or after.
Hold on.............fzzzzzzzzttttt..........nurse.

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
We are talking about the first album Eddie didn't use the clippers until the Sammy years in 86. lol

Last edited:

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
Do those clippers go into the front of the amp or after.
Hold on.............fzzzzzzzzttttt..........nurse.

Actually they would go in the loop, that way he got good power amp clipping insted of preamp clipping.

the big question nobody seems to be able to answer is are those Symetrical clippers or Asymetrical clippers......they certainly LOOK symetrical.

Kendall124

Reaction score
***BUMP***

No, seriously. For all of you with an interest in VH, I found this on an ad here in Seattle.
vanhalen Marshall head 100w jose BROWN SOUND mod

I sent a reply asking for photos and this is what he sent back. Kinda cool. Would love to go give it a test drive.

Attachments

• VH1.jpg
    VH1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 17
  • VH2.jpg
    VH2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts