F***ed up ebay seller response

• Thread starter shredless
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredless

Reaction score
A friend of mine won something on ebay for her husband for 60 bucks

she won it over a week ago, 2 days ago she hadnt heard from them with tracking and wrote to ask if it had been shipped...she was expecting it as a valentines day gift for him....

guy writes her back and says

(her name here), your item will ship tomorrow and you can suck my dick

WTF????

hazmat7719

Reaction score
Some of the members on that site are getting very bad attitudes. I have encountered several rude people within the last year. It was a great site 10 plus years ago and has gone down hill since paypal has been forced on the cite. Overall, most of the buyers and sellers that I have dealt with have been great.

keennay

Reaction score

she won it over a week ago, 2 days ago she hadnt heard from them with tracking and wrote to ask if it had been shipped...she was expecting it as a valentines day gift for him....

WTF????

Sounds like a hater.

He must not be getting any come Valentine's Day.

Nkyrental

Reaction score
Once you get your item, file a complaint with Pay Pal or your credit card. They will freeze the payment until they investigate, which will make him wait a month or more before he gets any money, if he does. If they are going to be a cock, then treat them as such.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
At the very least send a copy of that email to EBAY. If a seller was late sending an item and responded in that manner unprovoked, he needs to be reported, especially when he is being vulgar.

I have been using EBAY for 12 years and as I look back I fondly remember a handful of totally whacky individuals, some of who stalked me for months after the transaction. One was even approached by local police on EBAY's behalf and the individual was served with a cease and desist order. That finally stopped his nasty emails.

Overall for the amount of transactions I have made it has been pretty smooth. My only complaint now is the ever increasing sellers that are selling tubes that they say "tests like new" and when I get then they are testing in the 60's.

I have now had to send sellers a message telling them that I test all tubes that I purchase and if they do not meet my requirements they will be returned. Well, I bought six Telefunkens where the seller actually posted test scores in the mid 90's. When I sent him my message he responded telling me he was going to refund my money because "He never actually tested the tubes!"

Buying vintage tubes is getting very hard to do.

keennay

Reaction score
I have been using EBAY for 12 years and as I look back I fondly remember a handful of totally whacky individuals, some of who stalked me for months after the transaction.

It was the photo of you in a dress, wasn't it? :naughty:

Marshallhead

Reaction score
"my payment will be reversed tomorrow and you can stick your item up your arse"

AC99

Reaction score

WTF????

She should call into ebay help line.

They can read the emails.

dsn716

Reaction score
The biggest problem is ebay and paypal (both are basically the same company), couldn't give two f**ks less about ANY of us. As long as they get their money with the fees they charge, they really don't care. I have filed complaint after complaint against both lousy sellers and buyers over the past 6+ years with absolutely no acceptable results.
Ebay charges a final value fee on an item. They charge a final value fee on the shipping you charge a buyer, which sucks because I never inflate my shipping costs. I charge EXACTLY what USPS charges for shipping, and come out of my pocket for shipping supplies. Then ebay digs a little deeper in my pocket with fees on shipping charges? Then, paypal charges a fee for accepting the payment.
I sold a 2011 Les Paul Studio Deluxe, in almost mint condition to someone on ebay. Really good dude, paid fast, left me positive feedback, and emailed me to thank me personally. Good experience, right? Not so much. I sold the guitar, with the hardshell case, for in the neighborhood of $840.00 (that was the winning bid amount), plus the exact shipping amount of about $32.00. So, $872.00 all together. After all of the nickel and diming from the ebay corporate greed machine, I netted just a bit under $700 for the sale. Why all the fees? Because they can. They are the biggest kid on the block in that arena, and unless you are a power-seller, you get mugged. And, as for that whole power-seller thing goes, take a look at all the "power-sellers" on there. They all have hundreds of negative and neutral feedbacks for being scumbags. But, because they've generated tens of thousands of transactions, which equals traffic to the site, they get preferential treatment- regardless of how many people they piss off.
So, I too would suggest filing a complaint. Unfortunately, I know from experience you will get nothing from it but heartburn. As long as the money keeps rolling in, and the ebay and paypal executives are able to write themselves five-figure bonus checks every quarter, nothing will be done to make it better for any of us.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I got burned once and never returned. **** me once it's your fault, **** me twice it's mine.

Latest posts