FALLEN by David C. Hopkins

• Thread starter NewReligion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
This is on the 2009 CD Release New Religion. It is one of three songs that feature Scott Douglas on Drums and Ed Paauwe on Bass. Scott asked me to throw something together for this song. Let me know your thoughts, good or bad lol. The New Religion CD was Recorded, Mixed and Mastered in my home by yours truly. :)

David

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abw3SUEnhJE[/ame]

Here is Scott playing this past week end with some musicians you may know.

Charlie Hargrett from Blackfoot on lead with Banner Thomas from Molly Hatchett, Jim Sexton from Ghost Riders, Jimmy Elkins from Bounty Hunter on vocals, with Bryan Hawkins from Lonnie Mack and Scott Douglas from Bounty Hunter on duel drums!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdBloKz3KIs&sns=fb]Highway Song, The Music Ranch Jan 14, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
Wow, just wow.
Was that you playing on the intro solo clean guitar thing?

I thought everything was wicked well executed, the playing, recording, arrangements...the most complete and professional stuff I've heard of yours to date...very impressive all around. I've done a lot of home recordings and can't imagine the time you put into it to get all that stuff recorded and mixed....it was worth it!

Drew

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, just wow.
Was that you playing on the intro solo clean guitar thing?

I thought everything was wicked well executed, the playing, recording, arrangements...the most complete and professional stuff I've heard of yours to date...very impressive all around. I've done a lot of home recordings and can't imagine the time you put into it to get all that stuff recorded and mixed....it was worth it!

Drew

Thanks guys, glad you liked it.

@ Drew: Yes, I played that with a Takamine I gave my youngest when he was 8. Great playing, woody sounding instrument.

David

Adwex

Reaction score
Well done, David. I'm totally digging the growl of the rhythm guitar tone.

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score
I like the production quality,very good for doing it yourself, I've been trying to mix and master from home...much harder than I thought it would be. Playing is great as usual....release a few more songs from the album here, bet they will like it:thumb:

Hey David...whens the new album coming out?

dptone5

Reaction score
Awesome playing and production work David!! As always, some of the best stuff I hear!!

Thanks for the efforts you put into your work!

DP

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I always like your stuff man:) I agree the production on this one seems better (though it was always way better than i could hope to do). I'll have to get the next disk man, i genuinely like listening to your work.

Las Palmas Norte

Reaction score
No kiddin' brother ... fine work there, fine work! Your dad is proud of you, and you can feel it. Take pride it this.

Cheers, Barrie.