Fender 1965 twin reverb pricing ?

Odad

Reaction score
Hey got a guy with an all original 65 twin reverb for sale deff been played but all original speakers etc
wanna get an idea for what this is worth anyone have a range or ball park ? What is a must buy price VS just pass

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro definitely checked reverb first before asking here !
Well then you know that the prices range from around $2,500 to $7,500.
With such a detailed description as "deff been played but all original speakers etc", the experts should be able to nail your amp value within a few dollars.
Amp pics, gut shots, etc. might be useful.

OneOcean

Reaction score
A great price doesn't matter if you don't have the proper venue to use a loud powerful amp like a Twin. I'm surprised at what some people are asking on Reverb for Twins since there are very few settings today where that much power is practical. I suppose it still has a place at an outdoor show if not miccing the amp through a PA. I recall an outdoor show about 25 years ago where the lead guitarist played his Strat clean through an unmicced Twin and it sounded incredible! That said, there are thousands of Twins sitting around unused because they are just too much amp to use as they were intended. The 40 watt Super Reverb has gained in popularity because it has all the clean power one could ever need in a band situation while also being easier to haul around.

jamvu

Reaction score
I am curious about pricing as well. I have a 66 Blackface that is super clean. 👌

$2500-7500 is a wide range but if your 65 has been "played" and looks the part I would be inclined to say the value of the one you speak of is at the lower end of the price range.

Definitely check the sold ads on Reverb and Ebay. A wise man once said...."your item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it." 🤓

Jamvu

donnyrocker

Reaction score
A great price doesn't matter if you don't have the proper venue to use a loud powerful amp like a Twin. I'm surprised at what some people are asking on Reverb for Twins since there are very few settings today where that much power is practical. I suppose it still has a place at an outdoor show if not miccing the amp through a PA. I recall an outdoor show about 25 years ago where the lead guitarist played his Strat clean through an unmicced Twin and it sounded incredible! That said, there are thousands of Twins sitting around unused because they are just too much amp to use as they were intended. The 40 watt Super Reverb has gained in popularity because it has all the clean power one could ever need in a band situation while also being easier to haul around.

This. I have a TRRI ('65 Classic) that has been hand re-soldered and is a fantastic amplifier. I can't use it at any local venues for all its worth.

Nobody had been interested in buying it locally through FB Marketplace for the past year at various (aggressive) price points. I'd rather keep it and maybe record with it.

I also have a Hot Rod DeVille 212 that just ten days ago the house sound engineer said *that* was too loud at < "2" setting: no headroom at all.

middy

Reaction score
You guys realize this is the Marshall forum, right? Talking about Twin Reverbs being too loud? LOL
Plug into the low sensitivity jack, use an attenuator, use any pedal with a volume control. There are lots of ways to rein it in. What you can’t do is add loud, clean, full sound to a dinky little amp.
Sure, if it’s a small room it might be overkill, but you can still make it sound great.

Crikey

Reaction score
N
“ Need” has nothing to do with rock n roll.
Does anyone really “need” 800hp challenger? Of course we do
But in the Twins defense, its heavy but one not need to crank it up to get the tone being an MV amp
I gigged one for years and never let me down. Heavy as f$&k but tone at all levels

Rotorcraft230

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son plays with a Twin Reverb 68 RI in small venues all the time. It’s not too much. Pull 2 tubes, double the speaker impedance (use a 8 ohm speaker Jensen Blackdird 100w speaker8F74E7B8-DF52-4BF2-9EB3-8110F2984625.jpeg) and plug it into a Variac set at 92vac. He has a Celestion G12T-75 in the other speaker hole for his Ceriatone Plexi51. Uses 2 A/B foot switches and now he has 3amp circuits to choose from. Works great, has the Marshall crunch and the Fender clean and dirty circuits.