Fender blues junior iii

• Thread starter rich88uk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rich88uk

Reaction score
Had a good half an hour on it today and loved it, exactly what I hoped it would be. Just put my melody maker up for sale. Once that's sold it will be a NAD. Thanks for your help guys.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Pleased to read everything went well, Rich … good luck on the sale, and I'm looking forward to a NAD thread from you!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9V0AP4D92w[/ame]

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
years back when I was looking to get my first tube amp it was between the Blues Jr and the AC15. I liked both amps very much and found them to be similar but the AC15 had a bigger cab giving it a bigger sound so I went with that. I wonder what my life would have been if I had taken the Blues Jr home? :hmm:

rich88uk

Reaction score
I'm picking mine up on Saturday morning along with a 2061 cx cab for my JMP1. Might have a look at some ab boxes while I'm there to switch between them both. Illoyd try the blues junior through the cab at well at some point see what that sounds like. There's still time to get one pede and find out :naughty:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I'm picking mine up on Saturday morning along with a 2061 cx cab for my JMP1. Might have a look at some ab boxes while I'm there to switch between them both. Illoyd try the blues junior through the cab at well at some point see what that sounds like. There's still time to get one pede and find out :naughty:

Looking forward to you getting it and your review! I have a Fender Bandmaster VM head I'm not thrilled with and want to replace it with another Fender but not sure which one.

rich88uk

Reaction score
Looking forward to you getting it and your review! I have a Fender Bandmaster VM head I'm not thrilled with and want to replace it with another Fender but not sure which one.

In in all the 15 years I've played I've never had a fender amp. It was always about my marshalls and dirt. But I've been gassing for a nice clean/light crunch sounding amp for a while now. There resonably priced and ideal wattage, I don't gig so will be good for home use. I play pretty loud when the neighbours are out.

BrentD

Reaction score
years back when I was looking to get my first tube amp it was between the Blues Jr and the AC15. I liked both amps very much and found them to be similar but the AC15 had a bigger cab giving it a bigger sound so I went with that. I wonder what my life would have been if I had taken the Blues Jr home? :hmm:

If you had taken a Jr. home and liked it, you'd probably have to be pedocamp.

Codeman

Reaction score

When it comes to clean channel amps most of the time I'm pretty apathetic about them, but every time I plug into a Vox AC30/15 I'm instantly like where did that come from! :wow:

Definitely on my G.A.S. list...

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
When it comes to clean channel amps most of the time I'm pretty apathetic about them, but every time I plug into a Vox AC30/15 I'm instantly like where did that come from! :wow:

Definitely on my G.A.S. list...

AC15 does a good clean and a good low gain grit. I bet that DSL40 you got does a good clean too :yesway:

aryasridhar

Reaction score
I have tried BJr's and have loved the cleans on these amps, but the build quality is shoddy, fender is literally riding on their goodwill, most pieces I tried had some or the other issues, bad pots, loose 1/4" sockets, rattles and what not....

I would rather spend my money on something that is built well.

OD on these amps is OK, lacks definition as known, BJr is good for cleans.

Not bashing fender here, just my opinion.