• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

First amp build (Ceriatone Plexi All Access 51)

• Thread starter pietro.castelli
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pietro.castelli

Reaction score
The build is progressing, although my time each week is always quite limited.

I cleaned up last week’s shoddy hot glue work, by removing the excess glue and reheating the joints to reflow them:

IMG_8991.JPEG

I then installed most of the front tonestack controls and started wiring the ground bus:

IMG_8985.JPEG

I've also wired the bias test circuit:

IMG_8988.JPEG

Progressed with the first tone stack switch:

IMG_8998.JPEG

IMG_9009.JPEG

And then started wiring the input jacks outside of the chassing by using a jig:

IMG_9012.JPEG

And then installed it:

IMG_9014.JPEG

Last edited:

pietro.castelli

Reaction score
This last week unfortunately, I wasn't able to dedicate much time at all to the amp build. I've still made a little progress with wiring the controls:

IMG_9042.JPEG
IMG_9044.JPEG

pietro.castelli

Reaction score
I have a question for fellow forum members, about the ceriatone layout:
What's the meaning of the oval shaped symbols that I've highlighted with a red box?
I appreciate it might be a very stupid question, but being new to amp building I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Thanks to anybody willing to help!

Plexi all access highlighted.jpg

JimmiMarshallIV

Reaction score
What's the meaning of the oval shaped symbols that I've highlighted with a red box?
I appreciate it might be a very stupid question, but being new to amp building I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

View attachment 109758
It is noting the use of shielded wire for these runs.
FYI only connect one ends shield to ground. Use shrink wrap to isolate the trimmed back shield on the end you do not choose to ground. Plenty of good examples out there for reference. Nice work by the way!

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score

View attachment 109758
I would contact Nic.

Last edited:

pietro.castelli

Reaction score
It is noting the use of shielded wire for these runs.
FYI only connect one ends shield to ground. Use shrink wrap to isolate the trimmed back shield on the end you do not choose to ground. Plenty of good examples out there for reference. Nice work by the way!

Thanks a lot for your comment! Looking at the detailed pictures of some factory builds from Ceriatone I think you are definitely correct! It looks like the symbols are there just to explain how to ground the shielded wire.

Perhaps a 3 way connection?
I would contact Nic.

I didn't know I could reach out to him for this kind of questions but I'll try. Thanks for the insight!

pietro.castelli

Reaction score
I’m really likening your layout so far, lots of attention to detail and the 90 degree bends are nice. I just built a Plexi51 3 months ago here are some shots.

Thanks man! Your build is simply the definition of cleanliness!
Before starting my kit I've been studying your build thread a lot! I'm sure you can definitely see I have taken inspiration from some of your super neat tricks!

Cheers!

pietro.castelli

Reaction score
This week I was able to make some healthy progress.
First of all I finished wiring the controls:

589B4A31-816D-4BD4-A802-2CA39CEBB6AF.jpeg

Then I installed and wired the output transformer, the output jacks and the negative feedback control. I still have a lot of untidy wiring, but that will be improved at a further stage:

4385850C-C9CA-46E3-8167-1FA1F936522C.jpeg

Then I moved to the turret board, and assembled 99% of it in a single push. I must say I’m pretty happy of the result:

A4A8D24E-8719-437A-AF0C-C098002D633B.jpeg

D20F765B-D359-42A5-8892-C9F3D0BB6D4E.jpeg
07D8D594-AE64-42AC-A4D6-9548114B6C72.jpeg

A04894C2-9918-4D65-9241-1C7FD400EF64.jpeg

giam23

Reaction score
Thats very clean work, nice! I have been planning on building one of these ceriatone kits but the shipping to Australia is quite expensive, or I might go with a Mojotone kit as for an extra 25 bucks you get full custom tolex and piping etc on your head cab. it comes to around $1500usd shipped for me. Does anyone here have any comments on ceriatone vs mojotone kit?

Rotorcraft230

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! Your build is simply the definition of cleanliness!
Before starting my kit I've been studying your build thread a lot! I'm sure you can definitely see I have taken inspiration from some of your super neat tricks!

Cheers!
I’m honored you followed my thread and incorporated some of my building style into yours. Your build is absolutely beautiful and well done. enjoy the amp it is definitely a plexi!!!

Time to build another amp, gonna do a JCM800 50w. Ceriatone would be a great one, but it’s a JMP style, we want it to look like a traditional 800. Gonna go with a Mojotone. They said the lead time was 6-8 weeks, gonna order it tomorrow and wait.!!

Great job with the amp, don’t stop there build another they are FUN. I have 5 under my belt in 3 1/2 years

neikeel

Reaction score
I’m honored you followed my thread and incorporated some of my building style into yours. Your build is absolutely beautiful and well done. enjoy the amp it is definitely a plexi!!!

Time to build another amp, gonna do a JCM800 50w. Ceriatone would be a great one, but it’s a JMP style, we want it to look like a traditional 800. Gonna go with a Mojotone. They said the lead time was 6-8 weeks, gonna order it tomorrow and wait.!!

Great job with the amp, don’t stop there build another they are FUN. I have 5 under my belt in 3 1/2 years

Surely with 5 builds under your belt it’s time to go a bit more freestyle vs someone else’s kits?!

pietro.castelli

Reaction score
Well, after a long business trip in the US, getting covid for the first time and many other issues I managed to find the time the continue the amp build and I almost finished it:

AF0EE408-4CF0-4DD5-9227-07C6325D4BA8.jpeg

BF45EE64-FD3F-4F12-8722-79B6FDBEC0D9.jpeg

A0BB39AC-A7AA-4072-AE00-D6EBC7938BA7.jpeg

CE6E5BE4-7529-472B-8DF4-784EBC267D05.jpeg

I still need to wire the FX loop and tidy up a lot of wiring, but overall I’m satisfied with how this is coming together … assuming It won’t explode at the first power up 😅