For Trade: my matched pair of JJ 6CA7 for your EL34s

• Thread starter Dave_11
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_11

Reaction score

I have a matched pair of JJ 6CA7s that I would like to trade for 2 EL34s of equal value. These have very little play time, maybe 2 or 3 hours at most. I bought them to try in my ORi20 but they're not my cup of tea. One tube is slightly taller than the other as seen in the pic, but I've read online that this does not affect tube performance. The Apex labels got scratched by the clips putting them in/out of my Ori20.

Looking for EL34s that are different than the stock JJs for my Ori20. What do you have?

Continental US trades only please

tubes-1.jpgtubes-2.jpgtubes-3.jpg

Last edited:

cyberpunk409

Reaction score
I have a pair of matched Mullard EL34's (current production). Bought them brand new in May 2024.

They have maybe 7-10 hours of play in them.

I recently got some NOS vintage EL34's and the Mullard's have no use now, just sitting in their boxes packed up.

Are you still looking to trade?

Dave_11

Reaction score
What didn’t you like about the JJ 6ca7
I originally bought them to try in my Ori20, but they were just too wooly for my taste. Last November I bought an SV20 and they sound much better in that, but I still prefer the EL34s.

These are still for trade to someone in the continental US.

rmlevasseur

Reaction score

I have a matched pair of JJ 6CA7s that I would like to trade for 2 EL34s of equal value. These have very little play time, maybe 2 or 3 hours at most. I bought them to try in my ORi20 but they're not my cup of tea. One tube is slightly taller than the other as seen in the pic, but I've read online that this does not affect tube performance. The Apex labels got scratched by the clips putting them in/out of my Ori20.

Looking for EL34s that are different than the stock JJs for my Ori20. What do you have?

View attachment 136633View attachment 136634View attachment 136635
I went with the EH 6CA7 in my Ori20 and really like them.