• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Fs: 1978 Marshall Mkii Model 2203 Super Lead - Head

• Thread starter Pappy58
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy58

Reaction score
Greetings, I have for sale a 1978 Marshall Super Lead MKII Model 2203. I acquired this amp from the original owner who had gigged it for years and then mothballed it for years more. Have the original purchase receipt from Chuck Levins music in Wheaton Md.

It was well used in it's day, and has the cosmetic scars to prove it. However, it is the monster it always was. Upon receipt it was all original. The tubes were toast. We went through the amp with deoxit and a toothbrush, tested the filters, pots and switches and powered her up. As stated all the tubes were pretty much toast...so sound good she didnt. Replaced all tubes with Mullards from Russia, and the power tubes are actually milk bottles labeled KT-88. They are a matched quad and show as 6550's on the orange tube tester. With these tubes installed and the bias set using a bias probe, she frigin Rocks. I have an open back Avatar 2x12 and played a couple outside gig's with it over the summer and it really kicks ass. But alas, I have very limited uses for it..(most gigs I take a small tweed these days) and need some cash.

$1600.00 Firm and comes with a new cover. I also have the original GE 6550's if the purchaser is interested. Two of them show some life on the tester, two of them not so much.

I really dont want to ship this thing so I'm going to say for sale within the Washington DC metro or some reasonable drive to meet.

SERIOUS inquires message me. Thanks for looking.
IMG_0035.jpg IMG_0036.jpg

rocker68

Reaction score
Greetings, I have for sale a 1978 Marshall Super Lead MKII Model 2203. I acquired this amp from the original owner who had gigged it for years and then mothballed it for years more. Have the original purchase receipt from Chuck Levins music in Wheaton Md.

It was well used in it's day, and has the cosmetic scars to prove it. However, it is the monster it always was. Upon receipt it was all original. The tubes were toast. We went through the amp with deoxit and a toothbrush, tested the filters, pots and switches and powered her up. As stated all the tubes were pretty much toast...so sound good she didnt. Replaced all tubes with Mullards from Russia, and the power tubes are actually milk bottles labeled KT-88. They are a matched quad and show as 6550's on the orange tube tester. With these tubes installed and the bias set using a bias probe, she frigin Rocks. I have an open back Avatar 2x12 and played a couple outside gig's with it over the summer and it really kicks ass. But alas, I have very limited uses for it..(most gigs I take a small tweed these days) and need some cash.

$1600.00 Firm and comes with a new cover. I also have the original GE 6550's if the purchaser is interested. Two of them show some life on the tester, two of them not so much.

I really dont want to ship this thing so I'm going to say for sale within the Washington DC metro or some reasonable drive to meet.

SERIOUS inquires message me. Thanks for looking.
View attachment 45444 View attachment 45445

Latest posts