• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

FS: 2004 Tom Anderson Drop Top HSH in Gretsch Orange OSHC!!

• Thread starter Guitar Josh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar Josh

Reaction score
Pains me to sell this one but the herd must be thinned. This is a phenomenal 2004 Tom Anderson Drop Top in HSH configuration in a hard to find Gretch Orange. This guitar can do everything from rock, blues, country, metal, jazz, whatever you need it does. Full specs (04-14-02p) below:

Model - Drop Top
Body Finish - 6120 Orange with Binding
Body Wood - Flamed Maple Top on Basswood
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Madagascar Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Matching Headstock, Satin Back
Nutwidth - 1 5/8 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape - Even Taper
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Vintage Tremolo
Pickguard - Pearloid
Pickups - H1- SA1 H2+
Switching - 5 Way, Mini Switch Splits, Pull Adds Bridge, Vintage Voicing
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings

Condition wise, I would call it VG+. The top is wonderful save for a very small eraserhead sized ding (shown below) that could probably be drop filled but I would leave alone. The rest of the top is very clean. Frets have very little wear. As you can see, the previous owner must have had a heavy belt bucket and did some pretty nasty stuff to the back of the guitar down to the wood. Could be sanded and restained, but it was on the back of the guitar and never bothered me. This guitar has been played and enjoyed and has tons of life left. The OHSC is included and is in good condition, the locks work but sometimes need to be pulled up to release. The molded interior protects the guitar well and the case is fully functional.

My asking price is a very reasonable $1900. Which for a TA drop top is extremely competitive. My price includes shipping/pp/insurance. I am open to reasonable offers but NO TRADES PLEASE. Any questions please ask! I have many, many, many references and ship promptly.

IMG_3141_zpsd90u8ka1.jpg

IMG_3142_zpspdcsqgop.jpg

IMG_3144_zpswbyjqysn.jpg

IMG_3146_zpsserafxmo.jpg

IMG_3148_zps8plescn8.jpg

IMG_3143_zpsyzqw9j1a.jpg

IMG_3142_zpspdcsqgop.jpg

IMG_3150_zpsxxxstoaa.jpg

IMG_3147_zpsx68zbucn.jpg

johnfv

Reaction score
Here's a free bump :)

Every Anderson I have played has been great and this one has a unique look for sure. Good luck with your sale, looks like a fine guitar.

Latest posts