FS: JCM900 MKIII 2500 50watt Head with Choke upgrade

• Thread starter rokcabilly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Strange. Every inquiry I get locally is for $500 or less. Not gonna happen. I temporarily took it off here, so I can try to get enough cash to do the cap job. Maybe then I could get a nibble here. I thought $600 plus shipping was a good deal, but I guess not.

This amp sounds great, but I've recently purchased a modded Twin, and I built a custom head cab for it. Now I have a head/combo Fender Twin(silver face) with blackface and gain mods. I also run a Joyo British sound in front of it, and the thing smokes. The old lady says we need money, so I offered up the MKIII.:shred:

If I can get $600 for it sweet, if not, I guess it'll sit in the corner......:ugh:

I think it should have sold local for what you had it at. I picked up a stock JCM 900 4200 for cheap on Cl about a month ago but the guy had it 5 and dropped the price. I didn't need it but it was made in England so what the hell. I think people who have passed on this may regret it later. Might be the crappy economy.
Good look with it.

rokcabilly

Reaction score
Have you changed your mind again dude? PM sent...

Still have it and no I haven't changed my mind, but a pending local trade is the only reason I can't confirm if it's 'available'. The deal is planned for this morning at 10am PST. If it falls through, you'll be the first to know.:hbang:

Thanks.........stay tuned.

rokcabilly

Reaction score
Unfortunately, today I am officially out of the Marshall amp club. Traded my Mkiii for a sick SG Classic with p90s. I'm sure I'll be back, soon. I'm really thinking next year I'm getting a VM.

It was great hanging out and getting to know so much about not only Marshall amps, but tube amps in general. I'm sure ill still browse the forum for info, plus I still run a quad of greenies in a Marshall 1960A.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Sionara, for now!

sccloser

Reaction score
That was a good trade you made. Those SG's go for $650 or better around here with case. The MkIII is well worth $600 (I have one myself and not sure what I would replace it with if I sold it for that) but around here they rarely bring over $500. They have the JCM 900 stigma. I got a guy offering me a JCM900 SLX 100w head for $400 in great shape and I think I may take him up on that.
Good luck with the new SG...I love those.

Adrian R

Reaction score
Unfortunately, today I am officially out of the Marshall amp club. Traded my Mkiii for a sick SG Classic with p90s. I'm sure I'll be back, soon. I'm really thinking next year I'm getting a VM.

It was great hanging out and getting to know so much about not only Marshall amps, but tube amps in general. I'm sure ill still browse the forum for info, plus I still run a quad of greenies in a Marshall 1960A.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Sionara, for now!

Oh, I'm sure you'll be back man. A bit of gas you've experienced..and the need to explore other tonal options..but in the end you'll get another Marshall...unless you quit playing rock music altogether. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING sounds like a Marshall man...

Latest posts