FS: Marshall 1959RR - Randy Rhoads Sig Amp

• Thread starter JoeWV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoeWV

Reaction score
FS: Marshall 1959RR - Randy Rhoads Sig Amp
I really hate to do this, but I need some cash. Selling my 1959RR head. This is a great amp, classic hotrod Marshall, plus you have the option of using channel 1 for the normal plexi tones. This is probably the loudest amp I've ever played and I love it. You can feel each note hit you. All original, no mods, no issues. tolex is in perfect shape- no scuffs, tears, smells, etc.

Ill ship in the original box with the amp cover, power cord and book that came with it.

$2500, includes insured shipping to lower 48 and PP.

Also listed on the gear page and ebay

No trades

imagejpg1-2.jpg

imagejpg2-2.jpg

imagejpg4-1.jpg

imagejpg3-2.jpg

JoeWV

Reaction score
Hopefully it's gone by then, but if not we can def work out a deal. Where are you in WV?

dreyn77

Reaction score
Ho my!

It will be a long time and lots of money before you see this amp design again.

This really is like selling your prized ferrari.

Money is just money.. this amp design is just too easy to get at the moment and guys really don't understand it or how to operate it with the right pickups.
it's tragic! to watch.
the sales guys even tried to tell people and still the tragity unfolds.

If it had a JH badge on it or a Judas Priest badge on it would you still keep it?

The big price of the original asking price was designed to keep guys who are likely to sell the product quickly, away from the amp, but we can all see, that trick failed.

We can learn, you can't make people have experience quickly, they have to earn it, learn it the hardway. :(

Joshabr1

Reaction score
Ho my!

It will be a long time and lots of money before you see this amp design again.

This really is like selling your prized ferrari.

Money is just money.. this amp design is just too easy to get at the moment and guys really don't understand it or how to operate it with the right pickups.
it's tragic! to watch.
the sales guys even tried to tell people and still the tragity unfolds.

If it had a JH badge on it or a Judas Priest badge on it would you still keep it?

The big price of the original asking price was designed to keep guys who are likely to sell the product quickly, away from the amp, but we can all see, that trick failed.

We can learn, you can't make people have experience quickly, they have to earn it, learn it the hardway. :(
What?

dreyn77

Reaction score
Yeah exactly Swede. ;)
THose clips don't do it justice!
they had the attenuator on the amp.
lots of the youtube clips have bad sound too because the amp blasts the mic's.
Honestly there needs to be some more youtube clips made, because they're all letting the amp down. NONE of them actually demo the amp sounds. and some good sounding clips are just pedal sound at low volumes.
but what is present is the bright sparkle of the amp's tone. It's unmistakeable.
If there were some accurite demos, lots of these amps would fly off the shelf. ;)

If you got some dollars, snap these babies up!
NO it doesn't do a 68JMP tone, but there's at least 4 awesome tones, straight out of the box and whatever else you want to plug into it for more mind blowing sounds.
Even though Michael Scheniker was using the 50 watters, that sound from that era is in the ball park of this amps sound. Personally, this amp's better. and that's just the stock channel sound.

JoeWV

Reaction score
Dreyn77,,, I 100% agree, the YouTube clips really suck compared the actual tones of this amp. Thanks for promoting it!

dreyn77

Reaction score
at about 4:15 you can hear the unmistakeable grind of the modded channel on the low notes.
Pauls got what I'd call a processed sound but the singing highs shine through an it's got that sparkle sound too.
I know why he's wearing the hearing protection. lol!
and that's just 1 full stack.
I applaud this sort of use. You can hear how it dominates the band though ;)

dreyn77

Reaction score
I've not seen any of these paul gilbert clips before. is this on a disc to buy?

dreyn77

Reaction score
I put on 3 other clips from that performance and unfortunitely the low quallity of the recording gear makes the vocals super loud and you can't hear anyother instruments so you can enjoy them.
That instrumental took the loud vocals effect away and we could hear the band.
Paul seemed to have a 'warm' sound from somewhere. It might also be an illusion of the digital recording also.
It's a shame, the songs were great! the band was great too!
Paul looks like he was loving it. ;)
the sign of a great amp!

I checked out pauls injector guitar into the JVM amp clip too. I think that sound was too 'dry'. He kinda looked abit stiff while playing that version of the song.

I think he liked getting some notes from the 1959RR amp.
He had the attitude of "Now listen to THIS! and THIS! and hear THIS sound i can get from the amp.... "

Thanks for the headsup ;) Ozzk