FS: Original 1966 Fender Stratocaster amazing price!

• Thread starter nicolasrivera
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Up for sale is this 1966 Fender Stratocaster that i personal refinish in Lake Placid Blue color.

When i received this guitar it was striped from its original paint and repainted in snow white with a brush with brush brittles all over the place. The neck was lacquered with a brush ALL over including the gunners that they didn’t bother to remove!

Over all is a light Stratocaster with very resonant woods and a great neck feel, it has small frets and the pickups sound delicious!

Here’s whats original:
Neck.
Neck Plate and scews
Tuners with screw and ferrules plus string tree retainer.
Frets are original and i good shape
Fretboard Dots
Body
Pickups with covers
3 Way selector switch.
switch tip
Tremolo with tremolo arm and screws
Tremolo Springs with retainer and screws
Strap retainers with screws
All screws from pick guard, pickup andselector
Jack and jack plate
Pickguard metallic shielding
Tone Pot Capacitor

Whats NOT original
Nut.
Pickguard but its one of the best reproduction ones out there
Saddle hight adjustment screws are new
Knobs
Back cover with screws
Potentiometers and screws
Pickup springs
Lake Placid Blue Color (non aged)
Case

Asking Price $4,800.00 with free shipping to USA includes non original Gator Hardshell case.
Bank Wire preferred or Paypal (you pay fees).

Please don’t ask for a lower price because THIS IS the lowest price you will find anywhere for a vintage 66 Stratocaster.

Thanks.
Nico.

CaptainZero

Reaction score
Well, that looks nice!

Oh, and I can't resist...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGYpsNpg1bw[/ame]

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it is (mostly) original, but the paint isn't....still a cool Strat. That is the biggest deepest belly cut (especially between the trem cavity and neck plate) I have ever seen on any Strat though....no wonder it's light. This usually equates to a thin sounding guitar. :cool:

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Well it is (mostly) original, but the paint isn't....still a cool Strat. That is the biggest deepest belly cut (especially between the trem cavity and neck plate) I have ever seen on any Strat though....no wonder it's light. This usually equates to a thin sounding guitar. :cool:

When i had this guitar striped a friend told me his grandfhater had a body that looks just like that, a few days later he brought it by the shop and we compared and i couldn't precisely determine the age of it the belly cuts where identical as well as the arm rest.

And the lightness of the guitar has more to do with old woods used back then then anything else, the guitar is resonant and snappy not thin sounding at all. :yesway:

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
the belly cut looks period correct from the pics I'm looking @ including even Eric Johnson's '57.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
That's a good price, even with the changes. If I wasn't so tapped out right now..:(

But I do have to say that's not really Lake Placid Blue, LPB is a totally different color tone. That looks almost like a kind of blue metalflake, I like it!.

VERY cool ax, I would hate to be selling that!

Last edited:

Jaymz E

Reaction score
the belly cut looks period correct from the pics I'm looking @ including even Eric Johnson's '57.

EJ used to have a '65 Lake Placid Blue Stratocaster. He used it during the Venus Isles era.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
But I do have to say that's not really Lake Placid Blue, LPB is a totally different color tone. That looks almost like a kind of blue metalflake, I like it!.

The flakes are the ones that are bigger, but the blue shade is spot on to other LPB strats, it is not aged at all so that is why you may find it a bit different. LPB actually has a wide range of tones shades.

JeffH

Reaction score
That's a beautiful guitar, refinish and all! I like the color, it looks more sparkly than I'm used to seeing on LPB (although I have not seen any LPB Strats in person). More sparkly is a good thing...

Good luck with the sale!

Latest posts