• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

FS UK: Fender USA Eric Johnson Sig Strat Kinman Pickups

• Thread starter lewis_grey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis_grey

Reaction score
I will definitely regret this one but for sale today is my 2011 Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster by Fender USA.

This is a fine example of IMO the best Strat Fender make outside of the Custom Shop. I fully intended to keep this guitar and as such installed Kinman Woodstock (Standard Set) pickups in it and sold the original EJ pickups which were decent but were VERY noisy. These Kinmans sound even better and are completely noise free, quieter in fact than my humbucker equipped guitars! They also retail for £220 or more, they are an upgrade in every conceivable sense.

Also included is the original tweed hard case, case candy and the box for the Kinmans should you wish to sell them (god knows why!).

The guitar has been professionally set up with 09's and the bridge has been floated with 3 trem springs currently installed giving a great responsiveness to the vintage style tremolo system like a good Strat should have. Also thanks to the 12" finger board radius this is a very comfortable transition if you're a Gibson guy like me, I never found a Strat neck I could get on with better than this one personally.

It has been very lightly gigged, this coupled with the extremly soft nitro finish has resulted in a couple of the tiniest minor dings in the top and some light buckle rash on the back, almost impossible to photograph.

m8cl6r.jpg

More pics available on request and will try and take a few more decent ones in the next day or two to put up.

On my scales it weighs in around 7 and a half pounds, nice and light and EXTREMELY resonant. This is the most resonant Fender I have personally played, it literally shakes in your hands when strummed. This results in very full and rich amplified sound with harmonics jumping out at every opportunity. As you can see it is the maple board version with a fabulously figured quarter sawn Maple neck. The neck is fairly chunky but extremely comfortable, based around a '57 shape I believe. It also featured a 2 piece center seamed Alder body and contours tailored to Eric Johnson's exact specs which are more extreme than most Strats and look and feel amazing.

I have bought and sold a fair bit this year and my paypal account has been restricted due to me hitting some sort of cap they have in place so until I can get this resolved I can NOT accept paypal and ship the guitar unfortunately, so for now this is a cash in person only deal and I will travel within an hour radius of Ipswich for some petrol money. Will go as far as Gant's hill on the A12 if you're in London.

Looking for £950 obo, a lot of guitar for the money here folks! I really had no intention of selling this but I so rarely play non-Gibson scale guitars and I just bought a vintage 335 so this really has to go unfortunately....

Thanks for looking!

lewis_grey

Reaction score
Bump....more detailed pics!

21bnkt3.jpg

23kahpl.jpg

Lovely figuring on the quarter sawn maple neck.....

orrvao.jpg

o1tfc.jpg

3134pqg.jpg

5dj9d0.jpg

ke92lh.jpg

It appears I can't sell an item of this value through paypal this tax year without going through an investigation which sounds like it would be a lot of hassle so this will be staying cash in person only, obviously I can ship the guitar if paid via bank transfer but understand if people would prefer not to go with this option.

Any questions, please shoot me a PM!

lewis_grey

Reaction score
Thanks Guy, you're too kind and your offers were very temting but this guitar is officially ON HOLD pending full payment.

Latest posts