Germino dealer in Europe?

playloud

Reaction score
I am a person with an appetite and I like to search and create until I reach my goal, I will enjoy the journey to the end result (in general the whole process)! i will prefer marshall and start experimenting with mods

Don't forget, there's also the option of building one from scratch. Valvestorm has most of the parts for an accurate 12xxx Super Lead, and Merren or Marstran make amazing replica transformers.

Only downsides are time involved and - at present - high US$. But there's an enormous sense of satisfaction that comes with building your own amp!

Fanhs

Reaction score
Don't forget, there's also the option of building one from scratch. Valvestorm has most of the parts for an accurate 12xxx Super Lead, and Merren or Marstran make amazing replica transformers.

Only downsides are time involved and - at present - high US$. But there's an enormous sense of satisfaction that comes with building your own amp!
How about the 1959 vintage reissue model which is based on 1967 to 1969 models ?

playloud

Reaction score

pat_rocks

Reaction score
Hello, im user of marshall sv20 (combo version but with celestion greenback inside not with the stock v-type) i just turn everything on the 10 and play my van halen covers more (also acdc a little bit..) with my suhr reactive load ir with differend IR's or with my amp isolation box (d.i.y construction) so i would like to come much more closer to evh tone with an upgrade in my amp, at first I thought to buy the marshall plexi 1959 HW, but the 1959 vs 68-69' JMP 50 watt 2203 in my ears the JMP comes very close!! (and after watching a lot of videos i thing this is the exact amp which ed use, i dont include the modes of course) Marshall dont sell any more this amp so im think to buy a replica, after doing a lot of searching i found the germino lead 55lv its good solution but cant find it in europe... does anyone know any dealers? Also, i find the Suhr SL68 amp which does very good job in VH and its also good solution and available in EU but it is a little expensive, what do you thing guys? to clarify something, I am not interested in used products im looking only for new products
You better buy a Bray coco if you want van halen tones. Germino is nice but the coco comes way Closer and David Bray is a Nice Guy. Dan collected almost every vh tone amp and the coco is the closest according to him and many

The last one is a 4550

Last edited:

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
Do you have the right guitar pickups? I didn't read it all so maybe I missed that.

Those are major part in getting his brown sound. 99% of videos showing people hitting his tone on any tube or modeler are using his style of pickups.

pat_rocks

Reaction score
Do you have the right guitar pickups? I didn't read it all so maybe I missed that.

Those are major part in getting his brown sound. 99% of videos showing people hitting his tone on any tube or modeler are using his style of pickups.

It depends on which VH era you want

VH1 : tremolo songs Ducan 78 model or duncan 59
Non trem songs : ibanez super 70's, duncan, duncan custom, dimarzio super distortion,
1984 : Duncan JB
Fair warning - women and children first : EVH frankenstein pickup

My favorite pickup is still the duncan 78.

Olka

Reaction score
Zoltán vagyok. Van egy 1971-es Marhall Super Bass 100w SB/A fejjel és 120w alsó ládával, tokokkal, megkímélt kifogástalan állapotban. Értékesíteni akarom. Van valakinek jó ötlete ? Üdv.Z.

_____mod translate (via google)____

I'm Zoltan. I have a 1971 Marshall Super Bass with 100w SB/A head and 120w bottom box, cases, in pristine condition. I want to sell. Does anyone have a good idea? Greetings Z.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Zoltán vagyok. Van egy 1971-es Marhall Super Bass 100w SB/A fejjel és 120w alsó ládával, tokokkal, megkímélt kifogástalan állapotban. Értékesíteni akarom. Van valakinek jó ötlete ? Üdv.Z.

_____mod translate (via google)____

I'm Zoltan. I have a 1971 Marshall Super Bass with 100w SB/A head and 120w bottom box, cases, in pristine condition. I want to sell. Does anyone have a good idea? Greetings Z.
Hi Zoltan... :welcome:to the forum...
I approved your post, but, I ask that you start a new thread w/ your query. The official language of the forum is English, so, you might want to make sure to post in English, or you won't get much in the way of responses...

Here are the proper forums:

the 2nd one is probably the better one, but, once again, English language is going to be important for communication...

:cheers:

Latest posts