Gibson Fire bird & Les paul work together?

• Thread starter Richardjordan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Richardjordan

Reaction score
Hi, 2 questions:

1: Any idea how much I should pay for a very good condition 1997 Gibson Firebird V (sunburst)?? Ive seen one for £850

2. Will it handle Pearl Jam "esc" rock and play well with a les Paul?

Cheers!

VintageGuy

Reaction score
hello there

1) it's a good price, go for it!

2)It depends on your amp. What amp you have? If it plays well with a les paul....everything can be paired IMHO

Richardjordan

Reaction score
I have a TSL 60 and an M412 300W. Thought the Firebird would more go "over the top" of the les?

VintageGuy

Reaction score
Pearl Jam uses strats mostly I think. Not sure exactly. Do some experiments to find the "sweet" spot. As for your second question, it depends on the whole mix of the band. But since the LP has a more powerful sound I suppose it will cut through the mix a little better

Richardjordan

Reaction score
Thanks, will go for it! My first "Real" guitar ! (The les is an epiphone - but we recorded using a gibson too and you seriously cant tell the difference).

Redders

Reaction score
Will they work together? heres your answer:

l.jpg

:naughty:

Richardjordan

Reaction score
Any one know what pick ups are in the 97 v model? Ive read that the 2010 ceramics aren't as good as the earlier standard issue pickups but was wondering if the '97 issues are "hot" or not :)

If not, what should I replace with - we are indie/rock (more rock) :headbanger: