Gibson Les Paul Reissue - Marshall Plexi 1959HW

• Thread starter Anand Mahangoe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Here is a video of my Gibson Les Paul Reissue from 1993......Very interesting specs and so on, all written in the description on Youtube.

Hope you like its sound : Gibson into Marshall Plexi 1959HW - Suhr Reactive Load - Fractal Audio FM3 (Speaker IR + Delays / Verbs)
The Leads have the TS808 before the Amp.

A proper video about this amazing Marshall Plexi will follow soon with more guitars !

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Sounds great man! I love your Les Paul! Great playing! Cool video!

I'm REALLY into natural finishes and love how it looks on Les Pauls. I've never seen a LP spec'ed out like yours, congrats on the beautiful guitar.

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Sounds great man! I love your Les Paul! Great playing! Cool video!

I'm REALLY into natural finishes and love how it looks on Les Pauls. I've never seen a LP spec'ed out like yours, congrats on the beautiful guitar.
Thanks a lot man, really appreciated your kind words !
YES : this guitar has very interesting specs and hard to put in a category ...as long as it sounds, plays and looks great ;)
Thanks !

cccc

Reaction score
I have a Les Paul standard which I bought in 1990, it has a flame maple top and a translucent cherry finish and a stamp on the back of the headstock that says (Custom Shop Edition) but it's not really a custom shop guitar since I don't believe it ever came with any documentation. I was told it was a limited edition model but Gibson has made tons of those types over the years .

I have never been able to find details about it either even with the serial number . I bought it from Sam ash in Paramus NJ for $800.00 brand new . It's a stunning guitar and sounds more intense than other Les Paul's I've played over the years .

Yours is beautiful and it sounds great .

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
I have a Les Paul standard which I bought in 1990, it has a flame maple top and a translucent cherry finish and a stamp on the back of the headstock that says (Custom Shop Edition) but it's not really a custom shop guitar since I don't believe it ever came with any documentation. I was told it was a limited edition model but Gibson has made tons of those types over the years .

I have never been able to find details about it either even with the serial number . I bought it from Sam ash in Paramus NJ for $800.00 brand new . It's a stunning guitar and sounds more intense than other Les Paul's I've played over the years .

Yours is beautiful and it sounds great .
Wow man, that seems strange indeed because the Custom Shop did not exist yet in 1990...that would stumble me your stamp....have you ever removed the pickups and if there is anything written / stamped in the wood ?
In the end all what matter how great the guitars sounds and looks.....untill the moment we decide to sell it...luckily mine will not go anywhere.

Pic of yours ?

El Gringo

Reaction score
Very nice playing and tone and my compliments ! The question I have in regards to the Fractal is the sound of the Marshall amp in the video is from the Fractal ? Not a Marshall amp head ?

cccc

Reaction score
Wow man, that seems strange indeed because the Custom Shop did not exist yet in 1990...that would stumble me your stamp....have you ever removed the pickups and if there is anything written / stamped in the wood ?
In the end all what matter how great the guitars sounds and looks.....untill the moment we decide to sell it...luckily mine will not go anywhere.

Pic of yours ?
That Les Paul has been in storage for the last 25+ years actually . I moved to a different state and so many other things became a priority but I've just recently been getting the urge to get back into playing and was planning on digging it out . When I do I will definitely be posting pics . Yeah, I don't understand the Custom Shop stamp either but I'll make sure to get some photos of everything.

dptone5

Reaction score
Wow, that is awesome in every way! Great gear, tone, playing, video, etc. You really create some terrific music! Much respect my friend!

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Wow, that is awesome in every way! Great gear, tone, playing, video, etc. You really create some terrific music! Much respect my friend!
That is very very kind of you my friend !! Glad you liked it ;) Appreciated !

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Very nice playing and tone and my compliments ! The question I have in regards to the Fractal is the sound of the Marshall amp in the video is from the Fractal ? Not a Marshall amp head ?
Thanks a lot man for your kind words too ! The tone is from a real tube Marshall 1959HW Amp.....since I have been playing again with real tubes + Load Boxes + Speaker Impulses......: I am very sorry to say that I just can't get those tones from my Fractal...I am talking about the fine details which not many might hear or find necessary .....BUT biggest difference is the FEEL when playing....soundwise we can get so close to a real Tube Amp but the feel ...well yeah.....but then of course, we need to carry more gear around instead of only a bag pack with the Fractal FM3...:)
Many tools for different options and gigs.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man for your kind words too ! The tone is from a real tube Marshall 1959HW Amp.....since I have been playing again with real tubes + Load Boxes + Speaker Impulses......: I am very sorry to say that I just can't get those tones from my Fractal...I am talking about the fine details which not many might hear or find necessary .....BUT biggest difference is the FEEL when playing....soundwise we can get so close to a real Tube Amp but the feel ...well yeah.....but then of course, we need to carry more gear around instead of only a bag pack with the Fractal FM3...:)
Many tools for different options and gigs.
Very Good . Thank You kindly for the reply . We always love to hear about how one goes about getting the tones and sounds and yours are so nice and rich , talk about great tone and then some !