JVM410 with less than a year dead twice. Lights ok but no sound.

• Thread starter Belcebu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Belcebu

Reaction score
Agreed, he may need to push the issue to get details, or contact Marshall himself with his repair ticket.
Once info received, this is what I've received.
First damages repaired in January: choke protections and 2 tubes.

Now something in choke must be repaired (again), something in the power stage card must be repaired and 4!!!! Tubes must be changed.

Again choke, plus power stage card and 4 tubes and they say this is due to the wear for use??

Why can't be due to a defective main part in the amp which fríes some components? In fact I'm sure that in 6 months if this issue is not fixed correctly I'll be in the same situation than now.

I Will see this case in consumer info Office but I would like to know if this damage is again possible or if you think as I do.

Thanks.

PelliX

Reaction score
First damages repaired in January: choke protections and 2 tubes.

Not sure what "choke protections" are. I would almost think maybe the fastening bolts for the choke itself...?

ow something in choke must be repaired (again),

The choke won't get repaired. Either it's replaced or it's OK and the mounting/wiring is amiss. Does this amp get banged around hard a lot?

something in the power stage card must be repaired and 4!!!! Tubes must be changed.

Yes, four. If one of the (four) output valves is duff/knackered you should replace the set. I can't imagine a tech describing a board as a 'power stage card'. Is this perhaps translated from another language?

Why can't be due to a defective main part in the amp which fríes some components?

So far it sounds you've had a couple of valves die. That's not necessarily the amp's fault at all. Maybe you can clarify what is meant by the "choke protections" and so on.

Belcebu

Reaction score
Not sure what "choke protections" are. I would almost think maybe the fastening bolts for the choke itself...?

The choke won't get repaired. Either it's replaced or it's OK and the mounting/wiring is amiss. Does this amp get banged around hard a lot?

Yes, four. If one of the (four) output valves is duff/knackered you should replace the set. I can't imagine a tech describing a board as a 'power stage card'. Is this perhaps translated from another language?

So far it sounds you've had a couple of valves die. That's not necessarily the amp's fault at all. Maybe you can clarify what is meant by the "choke protections" and so on.
Thanks for your answer.

I have no more details about choke protections. I can ask.

About if amp get banged. Never. At least by my side.

I'm spanish and I tried to translate "etapa de potencia" as well as possible. Google translation is power stage.

PelliX

Reaction score
I'm spanish and I tried to translate "etapa de potencia" as well as possible. Google translation is power stage.

Ah, I understand! "Power stage" is correct, though it's called a "board" not a "card" in English. Anyhow, that makes sense then. It could have been a bad valve that killed a component on that board... you would really have to talk to the tech.

dslman

Reaction score
As

PelliX stated, I can't imagine them "repairing a choke", and the "wear for use" I assume you mean "wear due to use" , but either way it can't be due to only 6 months of use. Looks like it would take a knowledgeable amp tech conversing with Marshall, to get to the bottom of what exactly they are supposedly fixing.​

spacerocker

Reaction score

The JVM410H doesn't even have a choke! (Unless it's the Joe Satriani model?)....