Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded 2002-05: Help please

• Thread starter jensvonbustenskjol
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jensvonbustenskjol

Reaction score
Hi!

A friend of mine bought a Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (60s neck) once sometime between 2002-05. I'm not sure. My memory is a bit blurry, and his is worse... I tried it for the first time in 05 or 06. Then shortly after he had to sell it due to gambling (lets call it that).

Any who:
I never like the les pauls. I thought they where pretty much over rated and pricey. This particular guitar was superb on the other hand. He bought it brand from the shop. It was expensive as sh*t!
It was perfect! The weight, the frets, the feel, the tone.

I've tried to figure out what model this could have been. On ebay there's not many standard faded models, and mostly 2005 with 50s neck. I guess it would be a 2002 - 04 model.
I remember that the 50s where sold pretty cheap in the end.

Any one?

BluesRocker

Reaction score
Standard Fadeds are becoming pretty rare. Most people use them to turn into relics of the 58-60 era Les Pauls. Gibson started to chamber the Std. Fadeds after 2005, so pre 05's are the gems of the series. They only came in 3 colors, Cherry Burst, Honey Burst and Tobacco Burst. and you had the choice of 50s or 60s necks.

FennRx

Reaction score
Even the chambered ones are great. Larry corsa says the chambered ones are among the best lps Gibson has ever made. I had an 07- it was good but my historics are much better.

guitargoalie

Reaction score
In 2011, they were re-released in Canada under the Traditional Faded, hence mine. It's my favourite guitar. Not chambered, swiss cheese I think, burstbucker pros, satin finish (amazing neck) and amazing resonance. If you can't find a pre 05 standard look into these.

jensvonbustenskjol

Reaction score
I thought it would be pre '05 indeed! Then I will start searching for 02-04 models. I thought they also had iced tea as a color option, but any who.

So the Traditional is actually a standard? It's pretty cheap though. Gonna check one or two out then

Thanks guy!

guitargoalie

Reaction score
I don't think they made them until 2004, but MY traditional is like a standard (It's pretty much the same guitar as the std faded but with speed knobs and 50's neck, so they called it traditional) The honey burst was darker back then.

gUMrHgbl.jpg

Lowlife

Reaction score

jensvonbustenskjol

Reaction score
I've done some more digging around. Apparently in 2004 Gibson moved the production of Standard's to Nashville.
The first production in 2004 was unchambered. Chambered bodies went into production in 2005.
I have no coverage for the facts in this post, but that's what floating on the world wide web.

Nice plank Eternal Scar. Love it =)

Eternal Scar

Reaction score
I've done some more digging around. Apparently in 2004 Gibson moved the production of Standard's to Nashville.
The first production in 2004 was unchambered. Chambered bodies went into production in 2005.
I have no coverage for the facts in this post, but that's what floating on the world wide web.

Nice plank Eternal Scar. Love it =)
Thanks it really is a great Les Paul!My 05 is unchambered.

Last edited:

Latest posts