Going to Paris for Christmas

• Thread starter CaptainZero
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Strateuphoria

Reaction score
My Wife has been there twice, at my expense, and without me. She goes to France with a painting group. She never mentioned Marshalls...but wine is cheaper than water...literally. She preferred the little places on corners and such, rather than clubs. Probably a good thing with a good of women out alone and drinking lots of wine. I probably don't want to know about all of her stories :)

Jeez, I wouldn't let my wife/gf go to France without me. No way I'd trust Pierre Diggler and he's vespa, they target older foreign woman and give them a real good time. :lol:

rjtm

Reaction score
Everything is much more expensive in Europe (especially water bottles) because of the dollar to euro conversion

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Europe is a mess right now. Many countries are risking default, prime ministers/leaders are resigning, the Euro is on life support, lots of unemployment, and lots of social unrest. I feel bad for the people who are caught up in all this crap. I love Europe and think it is an amazing place to visit and perhaps live, but current times are tough there.

If you really want to go, then go, but watch your surroundings, stay on the beaten path, speak softly, and carry a big motherphucking Louisville Slugger.

CaptainZero

Reaction score
Yeah my trip is booked. The Euro keeps dropping against the dollar, which helps with a few extra bucks, but yeah they're in trouble.

poeman33

Reaction score
If you visit here...see if the "L&L" is still there. That is me and my wife :)
Eiffel.jpg

CaptainZero

Reaction score
Leaving tomorrow. Anyone have any nightlife suggestions? Also, I'd like to know if there are any bars that would have the nfl on.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm too poor,lol but, that's awesome dude:D

I'd love to go eventualy though but, i don't know if i'd come back,lol. Hoem i mean. I want to travel so bad.

CaptainZero

Reaction score
NFL in Paris? You are looking to get beaten with baguette sticks :)

Probably, but I'm going to miss the game. Of course the Vikes are so bad it really doesn't matter, but sill I had to give away my tix, and since there won't be ice, ketchup or a car I can drive, I need a little USA. :naughty: I can think of worse (less delicious) things to be beaten with!

Still I have NO night life options! (well maybe Moulin Rouge if I can talk the wife into it)

hbach

Reaction score
My mom who is in her sixties thought Moulin Rouge was quite tame, but a well done show. If I remember correctly it was more than 300 bucks a head YIKES!

Salsg

Reaction score
Since you're learning French, try learning the 4,892 different ways to say "I surrender."

Oddly enough, there is no word in French for victory

Salsg

Reaction score
You should also try getting a French military rifle, I bet they're in mint condition.

Latest posts