• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Got a JCM900 today, Why do people complain about these?

• Thread starter malice95
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the way to be!

The very first Marshall I ever bought was a 4500 Dual Reverb 50 watt head. I liked the amp a lot and had a great time playing it. But the store never delivered the cabinet i had ordered to match the head for over a month, instead loaning me this really cheap, awful sounding cabinet and i just got mad and sent the whole thing back. I should've just kept the head and took a refund on the cabinet and went elsewhere.
I do not wish to hijack the OP’s thread here, (but I tend to do this on occasion) my old rigs I had in the early 80’s and then in the early 90’s consisted of 2 each of a early 70’s full stack loaded with greenies, the second stack was late 70’s (the Marshall logo was larger on these)
They both had excellent tones, and I could barely hear a difference between them, so whatever speakers that came stock in a late 70’s cab rock, but to this day I still love me some greenbacks.
Thanks

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Thats the way to be!

The very first Marshall I ever bought was a 4500 Dual Reverb 50 watt head. I liked the amp a lot and had a great time playing it. But the store never delivered the cabinet i had ordered to match the head for over a month, instead loaning me this really cheap, awful sounding cabinet and i just got mad and sent the whole thing back. I should've just kept the head and took a refund on the cabinet and went elsewhere.

That sucks dude. I should mention that I have only ever played a JCM900 with Vintage 30 speakers and on a Peavey cab. I am not sure what speakers Peavey used but it sounded good too. Sounded great through both.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I had a Marshall JCM 900 MKIII about ten years ago.. I treaded It for an ENGL Fireball, it has been the most fucking error of my Life!!

The Fireball is a pretty sick amp though. I think the 900 probably cuts through better live though.

Latest posts