• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

green days marshall aka the dookie amp

• Thread starter death.metal15
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

death.metal15

Reaction score
what model is it? i ast l.a sound design,the guy that modded the dookie amp works there now and they say an early marshall jcm 800...billie joe had a clone made and it was called pete,he had it behind him in woodstock 94,it had pete sprayed on it...some say its that one and some say pete is the amp from the backet case video...which one is it? :/ :hmm:

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
what model is it? i ast l.a sound design,the guy that modded the dookie amp works there now and they say an early marshall jcm 800...billie joe had a clone made and it was called pete,he had it behind him in woodstock 94,it had pete sprayed on it...some say its that one and some say pete is the amp from the backet case video...which one is it? :/ :hmm:

Welcome to the Forum.

Did you ask them what the mod(s) entailed? More gain? Extra tubes/gain stage added?

death.metal15

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum.

Did you ask them what the mod(s) entailed? More gain? Extra tubes/gain stage added?

i did,they dont give out that info "Early JCM 800, Early Hand Wired Plexi, 70's Metal front are best for the mod. Sorry we don't give out mod info." and thanks

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score

Modded 1959SLP when I saw him, just like this. There is a great Front shot at the end.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4xm9A2rkEQ]YouTube - Green Day Guitar Rig Tour with RJM Music[/ame]

David

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
Imagine that ! a couple of Marshalls each for there live rigs eh !!

These guys could have any amp they want on the planet !!

But its all Marshalls !!!

LOVE IT !!!!

kamran

Reaction score
billie used an old 100w superlead that he had modded by martin golub when he was at LA sound design. he had what is now called the dokie mod, and they added a master volume, gain, and changed the voicing. he recorded with this amp. and then had a replica made to tour with (nicknamed PETE) because the original belonged to rob cavallo. how this mod was done is pretty unclear, but im pretty sure that he added an extra tube stage. damn. knew i should have asked billie when i had the chance lol.

btw i can damn near replicate the dookie tone with my JVM. just gotta crank the mids and keep the gain dialed down. sounds great. also, contrary to popular belief he didnt record dookie with a JB. he used a bill lawrence L500 and replaced it with a jb after recording. JBs still do the trick though.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
billie used an old 100w superlead that he had modded by martin golub when he was at LA sound design. he had what is now called the dokie mod, and they added a master volume, gain, and changed the voicing. he recorded with this amp. and then had a replica made to tour with (nicknamed PETE) because the original belonged to rob cavallo. how this mod was done is pretty unclear, but im pretty sure that he added an extra tube stage. damn. knew i should have asked billie when i had the chance lol.

btw i can damn near replicate the dookie tone with my JVM. just gotta crank the mids and keep the gain dialed down. sounds great. also, contrary to popular belief he didnt record dookie with a JB. he used a bill lawrence L500 and replaced it with a jb after recording. JBs still do the trick though.

I love my JB's !! :dude:

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of shots of the Basket Case amp that I lifted from the video.

basketcaseamp.jpg

basketcaseamp2.jpg

death.metal15

Reaction score
ok...wait a minute....now Im not really a green day fan to start with...but a 'dookie amp'?...dookie is what we in the south say to children to keep from saying 'shit'...ok buddy...go dookie.....lolololol

haha its punk dude :) what do you expect

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:D That's why I use NOS tubes, so my tone DOESN'T sound like dookie.....

BTW What the FUCK is a Green Day?

:slash::slash: TWIN

Latest posts