• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Greetings from Lewisville, TX

• Thread starter kcwm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kcwm

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm a 30 year old rhythm guitarist who's only recently discovered that the world of tube amps is a wonderful thing and, for the most part, Boss effects are not the definition of a guitar pedal.

I currently play a beat up tele but will be trading it for a p90 gibson here in the next couple of days. I have a 2x12" clone of a 1974x (that's actually for sale) and a DRRI. As for pedals, I stick to the basics...a Box of Rock and an OCD v1. I like to tweak and record my 90's influenced rock songs in my apartment, but I'm not involved in any bands or jams.

I love reading about gear and forums where other musicians are involved, regardless of whether or not we share the same passion for the same kind of gear. I've learned a lot of the past few years of forum-life.

I was recently married and, fortunately, my wife puts up with my GAS like a champ. We have no kids, but we have a couple of cats and four turtles.

I'll answer any question I'm asked. So feel free.

Apostle Tone

Reaction score
Hey welcome - I used to live in Texas for about 5 years. Waaaayyy tooo HOT for my blood.
I lived in Ft Worth a while then out in the country north west of Waco and finally East Texas near Tyler.

I live in Colorado now ~ we just had like 15" of snow between wednesday and thursday fall so it's not hot here that's for sure.

Since you're about to get a Gibson you should visit the Gibson forum too

The Gibson Lounge - Gibson Forums

I'm djroge1 over there so stop in and say hello in the lounge.

kcwm

Reaction score
I started off in Fort Worth up until moving out to Lewisville. I'm used to the heat...unfortunately, my wallet will never quite get used to the bill that goes along with keeping myself cool in that heat.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi kcwm,

And welcome.

I do agree with you about pedals. My impression at present is that only true bypass pedals will do. Everything else seems to suck the life out of the guitar in some way.

I sure would like to hear your P90s when you get that Gibson.
I have been lusting after P90s for a while now.

(I can't afford a vintage Gold Top, so I've been thinking about building a guitar with P90s.)

I'd like it if members here would link us to sound files so we could hear their guitars/amps.

That said, I haven't posted any links to sounds of MY gear.
But I will, honestly I will, when I get around to it.

Latest posts