Guess Who's Back? (...it ain't Slim Shady!)

• Thread starter Angrycolon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Angrycolon

Reaction score
Man!!! Beautiful! One just like it hung on a wall of my local music shop for years in the 70s. No one could afford it then. I think it was like 350.00. lol A fortune when I was 16 yrs old. I ended up with a Wine Custom at another store because they would let me make payments. I bagged a lot of groceries for that damn thing!

Angrycolon

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys! Just for reference, I ran across an old photo of where I was, just before I cut back to a smaller rig years ago. I would A/B/Y between the two heads. Stock amp on the Avatar cab set to a slight grit w/ a semi-clean tone. The modded head was on the 4x12 Marshall cab w/Scumback speakers and set to aggressive growl and volume boost for leads. The rig was very tone-sensitive to guitar volume. I only modded the one head after I installed a failed on/off switch myself. Who knew that high school DC circuits class wasn't enough to qualify me as an amp tech? I had it re-capped and modded while Jerry Pennellli @ FJA Mods repaired it. Other than that, those two amps performed flawlessly in some of the most sketchy electrical situations in dive clubs up and down the East Coast. I was lucky not to have any phasing issues between the two cabs because I loved running them both together and sliding back the guitar volume. Thanks for letting me stroll down memory lane with all this geeky s**t. Just hoping a few would relate. Cheers! :cheers:

Attachments

• 20140809_201113_LLS2.jpg
    20140809_201113_LLS2.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 6

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
Man!!! Beautiful! One just like it hung on a wall of my local music shop for years in the 70s. No one could afford it then. I think it was like 350.00. lol A fortune when I was 16 yrs old. I ended up with a Wine Custom at another store because they would let me make payments. I bagged a lot of groceries for that damn thing!
My first, was also a Red Wine Custom. Also my first bank loan. I think that it cost $700.

IMG_1250.jpeg

Last edited: