• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Guv'nor - Broken Input Jack

• Thread starter gard0040
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tbwrench

Reaction score
I didn't have any luck with the fender jacks, they didnt fit or line up.

I brought the pedal in to my tech and he actually had a replacement jack for the vintage guvnor.

the repair was cheap and fast. I don't know where he got the jack, he said he had it in a parts bin.

there was a thread on this a year + ago.

Attachments

• DSCN1823.jpg
    DSCN1823.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN1825.jpg
    DSCN1825.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN1826.jpg
    DSCN1826.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 13

thetragichero

Reaction score
fwiw, fx loop is trs/stereo jack as well
i still think a switchcraft jack would fit, but i'm also the type to make things fit (not destructively, just creatively) if i have to

msmith40

Reaction score
To tbwrench....

I just want to clarify that the jacks shown in the pix I'd attached are the replacement low-profile (Fender) jacks I'd purchased on Ebay recently.

tbwrench

Reaction score
To tbwrench....

I just want to clarify that the jacks shown in the pix I'd attached are the replacement low-profile (Fender) jacks I'd purchased on Ebay recently.

does the loop still work? The jacks look like they fit perfectly. I may have not had the same jacks. I noted the part number and and will try them next time. ( Fender part# 0059922000 - jack phone stereo 6.5mm)
I still have concerns of the loop working or not due to the lesser number of pins.

Thanks for the help and great photos.

Please let me know about the loop operation. :)

msmith40

Reaction score
'tbwrench' says:

"does the loop still work?"

Yup!

"The jacks look like they fit perfectly."

They are a perfect fit.....they have the same 9-pin configuration as the original Marshall jack.

Before I found these jacks, the only other Fender jacks I could find were too tall....they had a 'high profile'.

The seller: http://myworld.ebay.com/musicpartsguru/

Side note: I've noticed that my Guv'nor acts a bit flaky when it sits idle for long periods of time (weeks/months).
It usually takes a good 15-20 minutes of playing it before it finally awakes from its coma.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts