Headfirst mods on DSL40C

• Thread starter tmingle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score

KraftyBob

Reaction score
I’ve seen some of his videos and the amps sound good so I downloaded the mod for the DSL100 to use on my 40C. That’s as far as I got. He may be knowledgeable regarding what to mod, but looking at the pics he may want to take a lesson on soldering 😀

I read the thread that SkyMonkey posted, and without knowing the OP’s experience with working on amps, it’s hard to say if it’s the mod or something he did. The good thing is it’s reversible so if you don’t like it just change it back.

FracStrat

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen some of his videos and the amps sound good so I downloaded the mod for the DSL100 to use on my 40C. That’s as far as I got. He may be knowledgeable regarding what to mod, but looking at the pics he may want to take a lesson on soldering 😀

I read the thread that SkyMonkey posted, and without knowing the OP’s experience with working on amps, it’s hard to say if it’s the mod or something he did. The good thing is it’s reversible so if you don’t like it just change it back.
The OP and the Linked Profile are One in the Same……

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
I think the DSL40C is a fine amp in its stock form. The only mod I'd recommend is a speaker change. They sound great with a Creamback. The stock Seventy-80 speaker is OK but does not do the amp full justice.

As for Headfirst, I don't care for the company as a whole.

tmingle

Reaction score
I've watched the video multiple times as well. I agree on the comment about his soldering skills. I've worked on a few of the 40C amps & the PCB isn't very difficult to remove. I've tried several speakers(WGS VET30, WGS ET65, CREAMBACK, V-TYPE & EGNATER ELITE 80). My favorite was the Elite 80. I'm working a parts list for another repair/restore & thought I may as well include these parts as well.