Hello from Halewoodstock x

• Thread starter Funkybones
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Funkybones

Reaction score
Hi my name is Barry Worrall AKA Funkybones, Hank Lavender I am a painter and musician from a town 8 miles from Liverpool called Halewood. Not far from Woolton were John Lennon lived in his early years. George Harrison also lived in Halewood. I have always used Marshall Amps I got my first in 1989 a Bass 12 for £50 with a bass. In 1995 I bought a battered 1974 100 w lead combo transistor for £70. When I was at Art College. In 1999 I formed my band Pontoon in Liverpool we had local success and broke the record at the time for having the largest crowd in the Cavern 280 odd people for our Christmas Smacker show. Our bands style is a mix of loads of styles of music from Rock, Reggae, Funk, Disco to jazz and country, all with funny lyrics and great band members. Many people who have witnessed us and heaRd our music say we are there favorite band.
Halewoodstock is a cartoon music festival I created over10 years ago about a huge music festival based in my local town of Halewood just like Woodstock. It is full of daft fictious band with all different styles, I exhibited it in the Bluecoat Gallery in Liverpool in 2008 European capital of culture year and won best Artist in the Liverpool Echo. I record all my music using he Marshall amps, they are so reliable and never hiss or sound crap.. I love the British sound.. I play a Hayman 1010 which was designed by Jim Burns another British Guitar Icon.. I would just like to say I am honoured to be a member of this forum and look forward to interacting with members of the group..

Here is a YouTube link to my Halewoodstock Cartoon.

Cheers
FUNKYBONES

Funkybones

Reaction score
Great intro, @Funkybones

Greetings from t'other side of Blighty.

Don't suppose you know John Vasco (Cavern alumnus of yesteryear...) ???

:hippie::pirate::uk:
No I think I spoke to some feller a couple.of years ago called John. I was Alex and Phil who used to do all the bookings when I was playing there.. Have you played there in the past?