• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Hello From Nz

• Thread starter metal_kiwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metal_kiwi

Reaction score
Hi folks first post and a bit of an intro for you all.

I am from New Zealand and a big fan of heavy music and new to Marshall tube amps, I recently bought a DSL100 head and DSL1CR and absolutely love them and have some NOS tubes on the way for them. The guitars I use are a charvel san dimas tuned to D and an Ibanez RGD320Z tuned to C standard, effects I just use a boss metal zone my cabinet is a blackstar HT venue Mkii 2x12 with celestion seventy 80's.

How did I find you guys? google was the instigator of that one while researching the best NOS tubes for my amps.

Oh and here's a vid of me jamming with some good friends of mine using the DSL100H and boss metal zone (I am the one standing on the floor) second vid not as good as my wife was filming from behind my amp

Last edited:

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
Hi folks first post and a bit of an intro for you all.

I am from New Zealand and a big fan of heavy music and new to Marshall tube amps, I recently bought a DSL100 head and DSL1CR and absolutely love them and have some NOS tubes on the way for them. The guitars I use are a charvel san dimas tuned to D and an Ibanez RGD320Z tuned to C standard, effects I just use a boss metal zone my cabinet is a blackstar HT venue Mkii 2x12 with celestion seventy 80's.

How did I find you guys? google was the instigator of that one while researching the best NOS tubes for my amps.

Oh and here's a vid of me jamming with some good friends of mine using the DSL100H and boss metal zone (I am the one standing on the floor) second vid not as good as my wife was filming from behind my amp

I'm curious if NZ is really into metal like Finland?

metal_kiwi

Reaction score
I'm curious if NZ is really into metal like Finland?

I know metal is big over in Finland etc. our metal scene is not as strong as what it used to be back in the 80's and 90's a good number of our local metal bands struggle to get thier names out there but they keep persevering in hope that one day it will happen we are lucky to have had bands like slayer, sepultura, Kreator, Iron Maiden and slipknot just to name a few come over and play but bands like arch enemy just bypass us totally and head straight for Australia, hell the scorpions and def leppard have only just got off thier asses to come and play for their first time this year lol.

metal_kiwi

Reaction score
Shihad bro...

I am more into heavier stuff than that. Shihad (AKA Pacifier) I have never been able to get into, goups like Deathnir, Alien Weaponry, Eurenza, Silent Torture, Acidmorph(the band in the video clips up in my original post) , leave the dead, destructatron and Enoch are more my style of metal that I enjoy