hello from south east london

• Thread starter clydey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

clydey

Reaction score
hi my name is john and i am 56 years young and still play in a family covers band.i got my first 100 watt stack from Mc Cormacks music in Glasgow Scotland late 69/71 ish but gave it away for nothing about 15 years later (big regret).i play a jvm410c just now.this is a great forum with some very knowleable people on board.I am a self employed electrician at present but my experience includes prototype wireman , tv/radio engineer (valves and solid state)radio tech Royal Signals, jukebox bench engineer (Rock ola was a speciality) i also used to repair Galaxian logic boards and gaming type equipment so my logic skills are ok.I am seriously considering winding the electrical side down this year and becoming an amp tech so have been in the attic and retreived my scope, logic probes, pulsers, sig genny and logic analyser etc (lost the variac). For the moment just getting up to speed (standing on the shoulders of giants) gathering as much knowledge as i can.
i hope eventually to be able to help out on the workbench threads but for the moment any advice on the life of an amp tech, parts sourcing,pitfalls,dodgy slow paying companies ( a nod will do) even how the recession is affecting trade will do cheers
great site

thrawn86

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :wave:
My uncle did a lot of electronic repairs as far as TV's and arcade games too. Cool stuff!

j2112c

Reaction score
Welcome mate.

I lived in London for 7 years, typical Northerner coming down South for the money! Saw some great bands down there, but God is it expensive to just live eh?

Anyway, all the best!

clydey

Reaction score
cheers for the welcome
but theres got to be someone older than me
started a bmus at 48 at goldsmiths (got it) never got a job in music
anyway you get a student card with your picture on it
one weekend i went down to Canterbury Cathedral where you get a student discount at entry nop full price for me agism
anyway these days i suffer from craft
can,t remember a flucking thing
Happy new year to all of you