Hello from the Bay Area!

• Thread starter Tonefiend
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tonefiend

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a long-time fan of Marshall amps, and I recently acquired a Marshall JCM800 4010.

Years ago I had two Marshall full stacks (I know, total overkill), but I loved the Marshall tone and thick sound of dual stereo stacks. Yes, they both went to 11. :) I included a photo of me playing a small gig with a Marshall full stack. Soooooo ridiculous, yet so Spinal Tap.

But, seriously it sounded huge. I had a JCM 800 and 900SLX 100 watt channel switching. At the time, there wasn't much of an internet to research and reviews about how kickass the early JCM800 were. I bought the best I could from the local music stores at that time.

My main rig for the past few years is a hot-rodded Bogner Goldfinger 45, with two 2x12 Bogner cabs. It's totally badass, but I wanted something with a bit more grind. I always loved the Marshall tone, so I started searching which Marshall to get. The early JCM 800s vertical were often referred as "holy grail", "best amp ever" version. So, I found someone selling one, bought it. Plugged it in and... wow! This little amp lives up to the monikers used. It's a savage beast! I'm definitely going to be buying another one for a backup. Then, I'll get another to be the backup of the backup, and another to be the backup to the backup...

Thanks for all those who already provided really great advice. Very much appreciated and warm welcome so far.

Attachments

• DC044808-3B58-4499-B24A-1F4099575232.jpeg
    DC044808-3B58-4499-B24A-1F4099575232.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 14

Gutch220

Reaction score
Is the Bay area really as bad as advertised in terms of tent cities, homeless people, sidewalk feces, needles, rampant shop-lifting, break-ins, etc......?

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a long-time fan of Marshall amps, and I recently acquired a Marshall JCM800 4010.

Years ago I had two Marshall full stacks (I know, total overkill), but I loved the Marshall tone and thick sound of dual stereo stacks. Yes, they both went to 11. :) I included a photo of me playing a small gig with a Marshall full stack. Soooooo ridiculous, yet so Spinal Tap.

But, seriously it sounded huge. I had a JCM 800 and 900SLX 100 watt channel switching. At the time, there wasn't much of an internet to research and reviews about how kickass the early JCM800 were. I bought the best I could from the local music stores at that time.

My main rig for the past few years is a hot-rodded Bogner Goldfinger 45, with two 2x12 Bogner cabs. It's totally badass, but I wanted something with a bit more grind. I always loved the Marshall tone, so I started searching which Marshall to get. The early JCM 800s vertical were often referred as "holy grail", "best amp ever" version. So, I found someone selling one, bought it. Plugged it in and... wow! This little amp lives up to the monikers used. It's a savage beast! I'm definitely going to be buying another one for a backup. Then, I'll get another to be the backup of the backup, and another to be the backup to the backup...

Thanks for all those who already provided really great advice. Very much appreciated and warm welcome so far.
I see a quad stereo setup in your future...

You'll fit in just fine...:welcome:

Tonefiend

Reaction score
Is the Bay area really as bad as advertised in terms of tent cities, homeless people, sidewalk feces, needles, rampant shop-lifting, break-ins, etc......?

A lot of big cities have some of the things you've mentioned. For me, the Bay Area is one of the best places to live. The weather is ideal, access to everything, including great jobs, music, oceans/beaches, sports teams, theme parks, etc. I live in Marin (just across the Golden Gate Bridge from the City of San Francisco. It's super chill and 80% open space.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of big cities have some of the things you've mentioned. For me, the Bay Area is one of the best places to live. The weather is ideal, access to everything, including great jobs, music, oceans/beaches, sports teams, theme parks, etc. I live in Marin (just across the Golden Gate Bridge from the City of San Francisco. It's super chill and 80% open space.
Cheers
WELCOME TO THE FORUM OF LOUD
Is the Outback steak house still open in Marin ??
We built that quite a few years ago.
Cheers
Mitch

Trident

Reaction score
I have them scattered from Marin/Petaluma/RPark n Santa Rosa…..
Only bad thing is I have to fly into SFO, I have to hop the bus all the way up to RPark…
Better than driving, but after a long flight from the E. Coast its a drill to get on the bus for the ride up…

Wish there was a better way, but its the cheapest n simplest way to go…

Drinkingdeath01

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Welcome ToneFiend, glad you made it back to Marshall. Your introduction was very gentlemen like but one thing, two full Marshall stacks are never ever too much. Just a respectful point I felt that I needed to make. Please carry on and again, welcome.:cheers: