Hello Marshall engineering looking for a new amp

• Thread starter Dave47857
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dave47857

Reaction score
I am looking for an amp same characteristics as the dsl 100 but with an onboard 10 band eq built in the fx loop and an effects style loop on the channel pedal so that when you go clean it automatically turns off the overdrive pedal.

PelliX

Reaction score
Marshall never made anything quite like that. The requirement for a 10 band EQ is going to narrow your options down considerably. Why not pop an MXR or other EQ pedal in the loop together with your drive pedal?

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Let's just say no, that'd be a custom built amp, and call it good.

10 band EQs are good. 31 band EQs are just that much BETTER. More bands, more precise tone shaping.

knulp

Reaction score
A two or three band parametric is what you want if you need to be chirurgical,a standard eq will always leave you desiring some different shift here and there.

But good luck finding one,expecially new since the era of good professional gear is gone.
A used tc electronic from 20 or more years ago is the best ever made and often sold by people who don’t understand it and can’t use it so a deal can be done as it originally sold for serious money and now goes for the price of a 9 volt pedal
I know the rack one ,the 2240 but there’s also a pedal version..I suppose is good but I can only say for sure about the rack.

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
I'd suggest you get a DSL and something like a Boss MS-3 or Line6 HXFX that allows 4CM with switchable loops and relays so you can program all this stuff in it.

I'used a MS-3 with the DSL for a while and it was cool. Just make sure you use an isolation transformer on the amp's loop side to prevent grounding issues.

Last edited:

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Joyo 10 band eq to replace my Danelectro 7 band eq pedal. Very transparent pedal and it works great for what I want.

Back on topic though,… so is the op trolling with this silly question?

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
I recently bought a Joyo 10 band eq to replace my Danelectro 7 band eq pedal. Very transparent pedal and it works great for what I want.

Back on topic though,… so is the op trolling with this silly question?
I don't think he's trolling, I think he's trying to make a new product suggestion to Marshall with the "hello marshall engineering" on the title. I think a lot of people assume that Marshall owns this forum.

OP: Marshall does not have an official presence here, although they have stated that they read this forum. But product suggestions would probably be more effective if you contact they directly.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
For the clean shutting off the overdrive pedal you could rig up the switch with a remote wire that goes to the od pedal. When I was gigging I had my wah setup so when I kicked it on it would activate a solo boost pedal at the same time.

I should still have the schematic somewhere. I'll post it if I can find it.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
I'd suggest you get a DSL and something like a Boss MS-3 or Line6 HXFX that allows 4CM with switchable loops and relays so you can program all this stuff in it.

I'used a MS-3 with the DSL for a while and it was cool. Just make sure you use an isolation transformer on the amp's loop side to prevent grounding issues.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^
It's basically what I do with my 40CR and a MIDI 4CM Boss GT-100.
The GT has the same effects engine as the MS, but with added amp sims (that you can turn off!).
I use a different CTL foot switchable OD with each channel patch, that can be set to either be ON or OFF when the channel patch is selected.
As per the OPs request.

It also has a 10-Band Graphic EQ module and a Parametric too.
You can set them as per each patches requirements.
Again, as per the OPs request.

Dave47857

Reaction score
Mesa does it every day. Why not I really would like a Brit to share some characteristics of my mark 5. I wish the mark 5 had a 10 band eq also. Plus it would open up the tonal options of the amp so much.

Dave47857

Reaction score
I don't think he's trolling, I think he's trying to make a new product suggestion to Marshall with the "hello marshall engineering" on the title. I think a lot of people assume that Marshall owns this forum.

OP: Marshall does not have an official presence here, although they have stated that they read this forum. But product suggestions would probably be more effective if you contact they directly.
Hey man I’m just checking to see if I nuts or if this is something that others would like?? Stop and look at most rigs out there overdrive pedal up front and an eq in the loop. After much love and more hate my Mesa mark started to make sense to me and I was thinking if I could get this with a Brit voice 2 amps could really do it all. The mark v can be dialed up anywhere American with one of the best cleans I ever heard. But not hear to praise Mesa. I would like to see a better version come from Marshall.

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
Hey man I’m just checking to see if I nuts or if this is something that others would like?? Stop and look at most rigs out there overdrive pedal up front and an eq in the loop. After much love and more hate my Mesa mark started to make sense to me and I was thinking if I could get this with a Brit voice 2 amps could really do it all. The mark v can be dialed up anywhere American with one of the best cleans I ever heard. But not hear to praise Mesa. I would like to see a better version come from Marshall.
Yeah I get it. It could be cool indeed.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
Hey man I’m just checking to see if I nuts or if this is something that others would like??
OK. We get that. But start a thread with "What OD pedal" or "What EQ pedal" and you will get 50 different answers.
And they will all be correct (for the individual).

The OD would have to be 'built in' to be channel switchable.
Unless you just invented the 'Pre-FX-Loop'.
So having those two pedals 'built-in' to an amp is not likely to please anyone 100%.
That may be why the response is cool.

Only 'FX-modellers' can do this sort of thing, and an all valve 100W Marshall 'FX-modeller' would be an abomination.
Leave that to the Boss Katana.

It's a far safer bet to find the amp you like, and put the OD you like out front, and the EQ you like in the loop.
Then practice some modest tap dancing on the channel and OD footswitches.

Or go DSL 4CM MIDI with a multi-effect.

Last edited:

Dave47857

Reaction score
I think you missed the whole thing. Make the foot switch like an a/b switch that plugs into the fs jack then the channel switch would be an a/b switcher and channel switch. Run an out put for the a/b signal into the front of the amp.
so I guess channel switcher and 2 channel loop changer one dry one wet.

Dave47857

Reaction score
OK. We get that. But start a thread with "What OD pedal" or "What EQ pedal" and you will get 50 different answers.

The OD would have to be 'built in' to be channel switchable.
Unless you just invented the 'Pre-FX-Loop'.
So having those two pedals 'built-in' to an amp is not likely to please anyone 100%.
That may be why the response is cool.

Only 'FX-modellers' can do this sort of thing, and an all valve 100W Marshall 'FX-modeller' would be an abomination.
Leave that to the Boss Katana.

It's a far safer bet to find the amp you like, and put the OD you like out front, and the EQ you like in the loop.
Then practice some modest tap dancing on the channel and OD footswitches.

Or go DSL 4CM MIDI with a multi-effect.
Lol you missed it man. The eq is the only thing that needs to be built in I would use a 10 band design with the gain and volume just like the most popular one. And they are eq it’s not like they have a lot of differences. But they are probably the most important sculpting tool in the pallet. The more tones you can coax out of your amp the better the amp is. Oh and Multi watt would be cool too.

Last edited:

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
The eq is the only thing that needs to be built in I would use a 10 band design with the gain and volume just like the most popular one. And they are eq it’s not like they have a lot of differences. But they are probably the most important sculpting tool in the pallet.
I know. That's why I have a different 10-Band on each of the 40CR channels (thanks to a MIDI multi-effect).

"What EQ pedal" and you will get 50 different answers.