Help From Experts On Price And Id Help. Pics Added

• Thread starter rpurdue
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

66SuperTremolo

Reaction score
Sanlitun Soho - Beijing & Kowloon, Hong Kong
You have to remember that although it is a proper plexi 50 it has:

-headbox is a large one from 72 onwards, ie missing small box
-it is bass spec
-it has had a not very well installed replacement PT
-the preamp can should be a dual axial 32uF and only has a single
-the pots and EL34 bases have been replaced
-added bas resistors and screen resistors
These add up to a very average players amp, which may sound good but collectors pay the $$$ not you or I.
For me the missing smallbox is the killler, the rest is a simple fix, however it took years to find a genuine working Drake 1202-118 for another amp resto'.

Head box is a large one from '72 onward...............not from what I'm seeing, it's a correct flat lip small box.

TAZIN

Reaction score
Actually, it does kinda look like a flat lip small box. That would up the price....Maybe $2150 usd....

strato2009

Reaction score
I still think the seller could get 2300 euros for it when the right buyer comes along

TAZIN

Reaction score
I still think the seller could get 2300 euros for it when the right buyer comes along

Sure, it's possible as long as the seller has the patience to wait for a buyer. Usually if someone over pays for an amp the odds are it will be back on the market in a year or so....This is what years and years of research has shown me.

neikeel

Reaction score
Ok - maybe the extra holes in the bottom are where the feet were?
The 100w amps in a large box have the amp mounting holes near the gold string, so if you mount a 50w in one of those the amp mounts are well in board and the old 100w chassis holes are empty, they may have just moved the feet?

Latest posts