Help me decide between these two guitars. UPDATE: New one might be going back.

• Thread starter PowerTube44
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which color do you prefer and why?

• Left - Lime Green Metallic

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Right - Miami Blue

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters

PowerTube44

Reaction score
I always regretted getting rid of my Kramer Focus 2000 from the Eighties. Not because they've shot up in value, but because I've always missed it. But I won't be paying any $700.00+ for another one.

Lately, I've gotten a case of "Charvel fever" after getting the Pro Mod So-Cal. So, the way I see it, either of these two guitars would be the perfect replacement for the Kramer. Two hums, Floyd, 22 frets.

The Charvel has the following advantages over the old Kramer:

Newer (obviously).
Jumbo frets vs Medium
Ebony board vs Rosewood
Hotter pickups
Coil split
Strat headstock

But as far as color, which do you prefer and why between these two? I hate "stock" photos, so these are both taken from GC's Used Gear section.

1707775686003.png

I like the gold hardware on the blue one, but I slightly prefer the Lime Green Metallic color.

Last edited:

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Which one sounds the best? I would let that by my guide if I were buying…

I agree, but I won't have the luxury of trying either before buying. The necks should be identical to the one I just got, so no problem there. My local GC has a couple in stock, but none in this config.

Ray Baker

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always regretted getting rid of my Kramer Focus 2000 from the Eighties. Not because they've shot up in value, but because I've always missed it. But I won't be paying any $700.00+ for another one.

Lately, I've gotten a case of "Charvel fever" after getting the Pro Mod So-Cal. So, the way I see it, either of these two guitars would be the perfect replacement for the Kramer. Two hums, Floyd, 22 frets.

The Charvel has the following advantages over the old Kramer:

Newer (obviously).
Jumbo frets vs Medium
Ebony board vs Rosewood
Hotter pickups
Coil split
Strat headstock

But as far as color, which do you prefer and why between these two? I hate "stock" photos, so these are both taken from GC's Used Gear section.

View attachment 145897

I like the gold hardware on the blue one, but I slightly prefer the Lime Green Metallic color.
I went with the Green one, reminds me of The Great Gazoo, he was always cool :)

gazoo.JPG

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Well, it's currently 6-1 in favor of the green one. The gold hardware sort of swayed me toward the blue, but all other things being equal, it's green all the way.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
Blue is my favorite color and IMHO that's a nice shade of blue. I'd have to have black hardware on it though. That gold just doesn't go with that shade of blue IMHO, so it would have to go. That alone would make me pass on it. So I guess I wouldn't get either one. It's not my/our decision though, so it's ultimately up to you and nobody else with things like this.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Now 8-5 for the green. I guess the blue fans are "fashionably late."

TheKman76

Reaction score
Get the gold hardware and respray the body *any* colour you like. Something subtle like, I don't know, metallic candy apple red. Yeah that will fly right under the radar.

Derek S

Reaction score
Most Charvel's look best to me with anything other than black hardware - so you can't go wrong here IMO, guess it would come down to resonance and feel if you like both colors equally.

Deftone

Reaction score
Blue is my favorite color and IMHO that's a nice shade of blue. I'd have to have black hardware on it though. That gold just doesn't go with that shade of blue IMHO, so it would have to go. That alone would make me pass on it. So I guess I wouldn't get either one. It's not my/our decision though, so it's ultimately up to you and nobody else with things like this.
Agree with this 100%. Black hardware would look great on that blue one.