HELP! Orange 50 vs. Boogie 50

• Thread starter tarznamps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tarznamps

Reaction score
I'm doing some pricing on a 50 watt, two cannel head with reverb.

Orange Rockerverb 50 head - $2,099
Mesa Boogie Rectoverb head - $1,499
Marshall JVM 205 head - $1,399

The Orange is $600-700 higher for what seems to be the same features, etc.

Any ideas why the Orange is so much more?

Thanks!

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I would think the JVM would be the most expensive since it is the most versatile with it's MIDI capability and such.

Is the Orange a HW product? I admit ignorance on the line as I have only seen one head in person and did not get to dig in to it and check it out.

There is a M/B at my local shop but I have not messed with it.

tarznamps

Reaction score
No, the Orange is not HW. I am surprised by how much more it cost for what seems to be the same features as other 50w/2 chan/verb heads.

I agree, the Marshall seems like it by far the better deal.

Dave666

Reaction score
Go with the JVM, but that's just my taste...
I find the cleans on the Orange are not that good IMO

stonevibe

Reaction score
My advice would be try them out wherever possible. As if not you're basing your sound on other peoples opinions.

Opinions are always useful, but at the end of the day you're the one that has to like the sound they make.

The other guitarist in my band bought the Orange and I have to say its a great amp for the money and very popular with the local bands around here.

I personally don't dig modern Marshall amps much. But then I haven't played through one in ages. Last new one I had was a JCM800 around 20 years ago!

Mesa's are hit & miss these days as there are too many models for me to keep up with...

So see if you can find all three and spend some time with your guitar and each one in turn. As your opinion is the only one that counts.

IbanezMark

Reaction score
Marshall or Orange, I've never been much of a Mesa fan though

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Yeah, I have no doubt that the Marshall JVM is the best value hands down. Hey, it's a Marshall, it's bound to be the best! :jam:

Latest posts