help with cabinets and superbass

• Thread starter ejeffre
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ejeffre

Reaction score
Hello

I need some advice on how to hookup a 1960a cabinet to a superbass head. What setting on the super bass (4, 8, or 16 ohm) do I set on the super bass? Also, on the back of the 1960, there is an option for 4 or 16 ohm input. Very confused at this point.

Finally, I also have a Randall 16 ohm cabinet. Can I hook up the 1960 and the randall at the same time and what setting would this be on the super bass head?

Thanks all - very new to this.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Is the bass amp modded for guitar or did you just want a bassy sound? Just wondering.

If you hook a speaker cable from your amp to the 1960 with switch set to 16 or 4, then set your amp to the same, either 16 or 4.
If you hook up the 1960 with switch set to 16 and also connect the 16 ohm Randall to the amp, then the amplifier will have to be set to 8. Two 16 ohm cabs in parallel equates to 8 ohms.

cogr

Reaction score
No need to mod the superbass guitar, sounds good as it is. Gary Moore used stock models

Clammy

Reaction score
The Super Bass makes an AMAZING guitar amp! Nice thick tone. I prefer them to Super Leads for guitar, actually. They also take pedals extremely well.

Cheers!
:dude::dude::dude:

ejeffre

Reaction score
Thanks guys...

I got the superbass and it had a PPIMV mod, a 1/2 power mod, and who knows what else. I took it to Full Customs here in Harriburg - great tech there named Tim. He put it back to all original for me. Its sounds great, far better than when I got it. Yes it takes pedals well. I am using a line 6 mk13 with it. I run the M13 stereo between the superbass head and a Marshall RG100ES (dimebag) head. It sounds really good.

The superbass I have also has the Black on Green tolex Marshall used sproratically so it has a nice dark kelly green color.

Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas